Custom Playlist Image/Artwork/Icon

Matterialize

This isn't a feature vital to the listening experience, but it would be a great quality of life thing. For me, anyway.

When I had a Galaxy S3 a few years back, the stock music player on the phone had this feature: You could assign an image to a playlist, in much the same way albums have album art. That way, when you scroll down your list of playlists, you'd see your custom icons next to the playlist names instead of just some generic placeholder icon. For example, I used a picture with a bunch of laser beams on it for an EDM playlist, and a picture of young Clint Eastwood for a playlist of "old west" songs. It was just a customization feature I loved, just like being able to set your own album art or choose your phone's wallpaper.

So when I eventually moved on to a newer Galaxy, I was super disappointed to discover that Samsung have dropped this feature from the newer versions of their stock player. I've scoured the Play Store and tried dozens of other players since then, and the pickings are slim. None of the well-designed players like Poweramp have this feature, and the two (2!!!) standalone players I found that DO have the feature are really awful, buggy, slow and ugly, not to mention absolutely riddled with obnoxious ads. Apple Music and Spotify also have feature, but Apple requires you to pay a subscription just to use the app and Spotify doesn't even detect locally stored music, you have to add it to your Spotify collection first (plus, you can't edit playlist images on the mobile app, only on their desktop software! Ridiculous!)

Anyway, that's the end of my rant. I think it's a great yet simple personalization feature and the fact that it's not more common blows my mind.

Seeing as Poweramp is already such a powerful player, I think this feature would make a good addition to it.

Archived