Car Using

resto

Hello,

i am a new customer with the Pro Version. I use it on my Android Car Navi Reciever.

I have found a missing feature in the App and it would be nice if there is a solution

for it.

The Player Design is based for  Mobil Phones, i need bigger Icons for play,skip,pause

etc. (perhaps a Skin). A larger text for the Songname is also required for using the App

while driving.

Does anyone have such a Skin or can the Team from Poweramp can implant such a

feature in your current Version of Poweramp ?

Please dont say "wait till Version 3" or "we dont make skins" - your App is so far

really great and i think plenty of users use it in cars and waiting for such a feature

and i can image that it will be not such much work to do it and Version 3 will come

out not so soon ....

Thanks !

I

There is unlikely to be any further development of v2 of Poweramp apart from any very major urgent bug fixes if anything breaks with new releases of Android for example. All of the dev's time and effort is going into v3.

I don't know whether v3 will come with a 'car' skin as standard, or if it will still be down to third-party developers. To be honest, I'm rather surprised that no one has done so already (although v3 skins should be more flexible from what Max has been saying).

Andre

Hi,

i understand the Company must work on the new Version but as i say will the release of it for sure not

before the middle of the next year come and this feature is urgent for the safety while driving (it can save lifes -

that is the key bug fix i think)

You must understand that Customers that buy the Version 2 ( the Current Version) also have the right

(for using it now) to have needs for using it in a right way and it is not safe in this style to use

it in cars. Third party Developer dont create it because they also wait for the Version 3 ...

So please ask your Developer to spent a little of his Time (that is paid by us Customers) to implend this feature

in the existing Version and in Version 3 - it will be a Feature that also will expand the amount of Customers

and bring your Company more Money - i think (i will) they will also pay extra for this Feature (Plugin).

I think your Developer can make this Skin much faster because he knows the code better than third Party

Companys und it will bring your Company Money by perhaps take 2 Euro from Customers for it.

A easy Way to make Money and it need not many time by doing ;) - and he can use it later for Version 3 -

its also not a waste of time.

Please think of this and talk to him - i think he will agree with me and many Users will be happy !

(Using Andriod in Cars is coming and i am not the only one using Poweramp in my Car).

I think that such a great App like Poweramp have to stay on Top and that needs to be ahead of the

others by implent new cool features - not doing it will end in loosing Customers to other Companys

that result in loosing Money ...

Sadly this has been a requested feature for many years now - including by me as it happens, as I use Poweramp to listen to music in the car very regularly. It might well happen during the lifetime of v3, but I would say there is pretty much zero chance of it happening on v2. Sorry, I just don't want to get your hopes up.

Of course if you feel it is a safety issue, please do not use Poweramp in your car. Either that or modify your usage habits - for example I mostly operate PA via the steering-wheel remote control provided with the head-unit.

Andre

thanks for the Answer,

if even you are waiting for this Feature i completly dont understand why they dont make a Skin or plugin ...

My Head Unit dont have a Remote, it uses via Obd the Keys in the Steering Wheel but this only works with the

pre installed Mp3 Player (and that app has a poor Sound Quality and no option like EQ).

Hmm .. i think i have to turn to another Player like Rocket Player

... but i cant understand why they dont make it for Poweramp.

Ok - if a Company dont listen to Customers - it will be dead on the long time and others who do will take the Place on Top

and then Version 3 comes out perhaps a lot of people dont care about that by then.

• 2 months later...

It would probably be pointless to develop a new skin at this point as it would not work on Poweramp v3, which would limit the market very quickly. Seemingly no-one has felt the need to design one so far though, which does seem strange as I agree it would be useful.

PA v3 will have a completely rebuilt interface anyway, so hopefully it will work better for tablet layouts out of the box (which is really what an in-car system is based on).

Andre

Press Menu > Delete. There is never likely to be a one-shot Delete button on the main screen directly though (too dangerous, and it clutters up the interface too). Let's see what Max has to offer in the next beta-test release though, which will have a completely rebuilt user interface. Who knows, maybe the new skinning system will allow adding new buttons?

Andre

• 4 weeks later...

Hello there! I'm another user of Poweramp v2 in my car, exactly in my JOYING 7" android receiver. It works very well, but I have the same problem than Anthos: The characters are very smaaaaaall.

And one more thing: while playing, you can see four buttons en each corner, EQ, TONE, REPEAT and SHUFFLE. What if these buttons were programmable? For instance, I would like to change the EQ button for LIBRARY or SEARCH function, then there are available one-shoot button.

Anyone knows when the Version 3 will be release?

Thank you all! Guys, you've maked an amazing and almost perfect music player. Listen to the users and you will make the no doubt perfect player! ;)

• 11 months later...

Hi,

I have Android radio too (but I don't use Android auto) and I have similar problem with skins. I need very very simple skin with large buttons for play/pause, next, previous and folder list. Next/previous buttons I use on my steering wheel. But play, pause and folder list buttons I have to touch on the screen. It would be fine to play/pause track when touch the album preview picture.

Archived