Library empty after reboot, requires lengthy scan

TinCanFury

Hello all,

I'm a recently new user of Power Amp (though I did buy it a few years ago) for use on my Android based car head unit (NOT Android Auto). I have a USB connect 480GB SSD drive that I store all my and my girlfriends ripped CD's and digital music purchases. Whenever the unit starts up the Poweramp library is empty and I have to perform a full rescan for the library to populate. Seeing as how the unit shuts off when I turn off the car (for good reason), it is annoying to have to wait another ~10 minutes for the scan to complete before we can listen to music from the drive.

Is there a way to "store" the library between reboots, or some other option so that Poweramp won't loose the library data between reboots?

thanks!

The problem will be that the USB device is not mounted by the time Poweramp loads, so it sees all the of files are missing and thus clears them from the Library. Then, a while later, it sees a new set of 'new' files have just appeared and starts scanning them. There's not much you can do other than somehow stopping Poweramp's service from loading before the USB has been mounted. You could try unticking the option to keep the Poweramp Service from being unloaded while idle, but I don't think that affects it at startup.

Andre

Archived