Chromecast Audio

djfearny

• 2 months later...

Bump on this, especially with Chromecast Ultra coming out. I would even pay extra to have the chromecast option with Poweramp, This app had the best navigation of all the Android audio players, I'm  spoiled because of it, and all the other apps just seemed to be lacking

Latest I've heard is that Chromecast/DLNA output is now unlikely to be in the first official release build of v3, which will be sometime next year, but it will come later in incremental updates. Otherwise, the official release of v3 will never get to happen, it's taking long enough just to get the new UI done.

Andre

I said OTHERWISE it would never get to happen. If Max keeps delaying it to add "one more thing" (e.g. Chromecast) then who knows when it would get to be officially released.

Currently, Max says he intends to complete the UI changes that he is working on (he expects that this will take until January-ish) and once testing of those are complete an official release for Poweramp v3 will occur. Then, once v3 is officially out there, he can start to look at incrementally adding more feature request items.

Andre

• 8 months later...

Just installed the trial version.  Noticed posts from August 2016(almost a year ago) about having a "Casting feature" to Google audio cast.  My trial version 2.0.10.  If I buy the app will it be a version that allows casting to Chrome Cast??

Thanks for your help.

• 6 months later...

Archived