Suggestion: multiple file selection.

Mauchas

Hi, I'm pretty sure this has been addressed before but I really feel this is would be a useful addition to the app. 

Be able to select multiple items (songs, albums, artists) to do things like:

- add to play lists

- delete 

- batch tag editing (for global fields like Artist, Album...) 

- send/share to (email, whatsapp, bt, file manager.....) 

I realize this is not a file manager app and that those functions are inherent to file managing, but when it comes to a music library (sorting by artists, albums...) only Poweramp does the job as it's needed and sending files is pretty important and it's just a real pita doing it one at a time. 

Mauchas, I have developed New Playlist Manager which gives you all functionality (apart from send/share and adding to playlists). It is closely aligned with Poweramp.  Poweramp playlists show in the app, create playlists from pa Ratings, Times Played,  you can also delete all pa playlists in one go (something you cannot do in pa). I am also close to creating playlists for Poweramp but have requested some clarification about some programming on this forum.

There are also many posts on preserving "ratings" for your pa tracks. Again, I am unable to write to the pa database but have added functionality to update the POPM tag of your mp3 music track.

so depending on the outcome ie is it possible to update the pa database, it may be possible. Hopefully the new functionality (API) will be available with the new release when it comes.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/17/2016 at 0:24 AM, andrewilley said:

Actually you can multi-select within Poweramp too. Go to your preferred songs view, tap Menu, and choose 'Add to Playlist', 'Enqueue' or 'Delete'. You can then multi-select songs before performing the desired action on your selection. 

Andre

Hi Andre. After I select multi files, how can I perform to next step. I haven't seen OK button or something to finish the selection?

5 hours ago, ntanvinh said:

Hi Andre. After I select multi files, how can I perform to next step. I haven't seen OK button or something to finish the selection?

At the bottom of the section list you have three option buttons, Select/Deselect All, the relevant action name (which also indicates the number of files currently selected), and Cancel. When you're done, just press the action name (i.e. the button in the middle).

Andre

13 hours ago, andrewilley said:

At the bottom of the section list you have three option buttons, Select/Deselect All, the relevant action name (which also indicates the number of files currently selected), and Cancel. When you're done, just press the action name (i.e. the button in the middle).

Sorry, but I don't see these buttons at the bottom. I'm using lastest Poweramp in Android 6.0. It maybe a bug in MM??

I think the mutiple-selection of Poweramp need to improve. It should be easier for users, as you said if the list is very long, we still have to scroll to the bottom.

On 8/23/2016 at 5:47 PM, andrewilley said:

You should see something like this, note the three options at the bottom of the screen:

Screenshot_2016-08-23-11-45-35.png

Andre

Thanks for your reply. My soft navigation bar is on top of those buttons, so I hide it in Poweramp, now I can select multi-songs :)

Archived