I got another problem

Ptrol

so I got a new album and when I saw the albums I had there were random numbers of albums, some copied, some with mixes of other album's songs, and some albums with twice as the song as they had, the songs appeared twice, and when I tried to delete one song and keep the other they book got deleted. anyone knows why this happens?

I assume you looked at these using Poweramp?. If your mp3 tags have incorrect details then your track may appear more than once in the library views. So if you delete the track, the entries for that track dissappear making it look like both tracks have been deleted. Check the mp3 tags using some tag editor and check things like composer or album artist. Make sure it holds the correct details.

Do the problem songs appear in the library twice in other views too? (e.g. in Folders mode do you see duplicated folders). If you you may have 'shadowed' copies of your music folders selected in the Settings > Folders and Library > Music Folders menu. Check to see that ONLY the music folders you want to scan are listed.

Andre

6 hours ago, Ptrol said:

I fixed the folders, I don't know how, but the songs inside the folders are duplicated, I restarted the phone and done a full re-scan and still they are duplicated

Are you using a file manager to look at these songs? Or are you looking at them from within Poweramp? If from pa try and use a filemanager such as esexplorer and browse to your songs. You can also use the search facility to check if songs are duplikated.

9 hours ago, TheoKlink said:

Are you using a file manager to look at these songs? Or are you looking at them from within Poweramp? If from pa try and use a filemanager such as esexplorer and browse to your songs. You can also use the search facility to check if songs are duplikated.

i'm using Poweramp itself to scan the songs, I'll try to use a filemanager

9 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Sounds very odd, you don't have CUE files in the folders do you?

Andre

I had changed every CUE file to a TXT file and it seemed to work

Archived