Sleep Timer

Stibbs

Another handy feature you could implement for Poweramp (Would be handy for me at least, can't really speak for everyone...) would be a sleep timer.

So it would simply stop the music, and exit Poweramp after a set amount of time. That's really all that is needed, although you could further it by adding a countdown somewhere or at least some way of checking how long is left before it will turn off automatically.

Love the app, keep up the good work :)

Stibbs.

Seconded by me. I know it's already on your ever-growing to-do list, but that little feature would be great for listening to stuff at night, so the player always turns itself off automatically after a set period (configurable) of no user interaction.

I'd suggest options of 15, 30, 45, 60 or 90 minutes (or feature turned off for those who don't want it to happen in regular use, of course). I'd much prefer that sort of background 'always there' feature rather than a more basic "Sleep after 60 mins" button like you get on some TVs.

Andre

• 2 weeks later...

This would be an awesome feature to add.

I used to use a sleep timer on a music player app back in my dumbphone days of Sony Ericsson k800i (java me).

Also the sleep timer function, when implemented, should have the ability to use cross-fading (also will soon come to Poweramp) which would be able to slowly fade the song/track as it nears to it's playing end..... A Perfect accommodation for the heavy sleeper like myself.

thank you Max

Archived