Any older versions of Poweramp compatible with android 2.3.4.?

stevewilson

I just got a new stereo installed in my car that's really an android tablet.  The music app it has in it (just called music) has a fairly nice display, but no place I can find to set anything.  I tried to install Poweramp (it's on all of my other Android devices.  Installed the Poweramp pro unlocker, but when I tried to install the trial from the play store, it said it wasn't compatible.  I'm hoping that the reason is the version of Android (the car tablet is 2.3.4. and all my other devices are 4.4 and above).  Nothing else I've tried comes close to the quality of Poweramp, so I'm loathe to keep on looking.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Steve

Current version apk should work fine, no need to download an older version.

Can you set your phone up as a wi-fi hotspot and use that to download? You might have licencing problems though, as the validation process can occur any time within about 24 hours of install and you need to have live internet (and Google/email account set up on the device) when that happens.

Andre

I DID download and install the apk from the website.  (I DIS use my phone as a wifi hotspot BTW)  It just wouldn't even offer it from the play store.  Said my device wasn't compatible.  The apk installed fine though.  But I can't seem to find anywhere to set the options.  Volume and mixer, fine, but no options like gapless (which is actually the whole point).  It may well be there - just not showing because of the screen size.  I'm just going to replace this "stereo".  One problem after another.  Thanks though.

Yeah, I know.  I can see and get to them on my phone and both regular tablets I have.  I just can't see the Poweramp settings menu at all on that car stereo.  I'm sure it's there.  I just can't see any SETTINGS menu.  It may be screen size though.  The height is 600 instead of the 800 I expected.

There ARE 3 buttons.  One for HOME, one for BACK and one that can be programmed to start programs just called NAVIGATION.  I'm sorry I bought this thing.  Every time I start the car and it boots up, it takes at least a full minute for it to go to a screen that says the MUSIC app has crashed.  Only I'd never started the MUSIC app.

I'll be replacing this unit as soon as humanly possible.

Archived