Alubm art won't be sent when the screen is off

ihonliu

A few days ago,I bought a moto 360, and I found that if the phone screen is off the album cover won't be sent until the screen is lighted.

I've tried these conditions,

1. If the phone screen is lighted and the watch is also lighted,the album cover will be displayed well on my watch,

2. If the phone screen is off and the watch is off,the album cover will be displayed if the cover is transmitted when in the condition 1,

3. If the phone screen is off and the watch is lighted,and album cover isn't transmitted to the watch,for instant, changing the songs on watch and the phone screen is off during this operation, the cover will be displayed,

4. If the phone screen is lighted and the watch is off,and after changed songs,lock the phone, the cover will be displayed on watch.

After testing these conditions, the PHONE screen is ON is the key to make the cover transmitted.

Also, I've tried all the settings in the 'Poweramp settings-Headset/Bluetooth',making the metachanged title and metachanged intent is checked.

BTW,I've tried another music player named netease cloudmusic, it will transmit the cover if the phone screen is off. 

Please fix this.  

Thank you.

Have you tried the Poweramp lockscreen vs. native Android lockscreen, in case that makes a difference to screen-off activity too? To be honest, I didn't know it worked at all.

Andre

I'll try it later.But it seems that Poweramp lockscreen is not a good way to use on the Lollipop.

Have you tried the Poweramp lockscreen vs. native Android lockscreen, in case that makes a difference to screen-off activity too? To be honest, I didn't know it worked at all.Andre

Well,enabling the Poweramp lockscreen makes no difference.So,I think Poweramp won't render The cover when screen is off so that the cover won't be displayed.

But Netease cloudmusic doesn't have the same problem as I said before.

Thanks for the report anyway. I wonder if this is general about smartwatches, or specific to your setup? Trouble is not a lot of people have them yet.

Andre

• 1 month later...

I don't know if this is directly related, but I have a similar problem with Music Boss for Pebble: artwork fails to update when track changes while the phone's screen is off. As soon as the screen is turned on, the artwork gets loaded.

The problem was reported to the developer ("Jonathan L (Reboot's Ramblings)" on Google+), and he's blaming "power saving features enabled" on the android device.

From what I understood, the artwork is extracted from the lock screen (as such, it depends on the lock screen artwork setting in Poweramp).

Is there indeed a power saving feature, that prevents updating the lock screen while the screen is off?

Archived