KISS Alive

And plenty more.........

Double albums. Poweramp is tracking them wrong

Disk 1 song 1

Disk 2 song 1

Disk 1 song 2

Disk 2 song 2.

Help! (Pun MAYBE intended.)
I went onto my phone & attempted to change the numers around & save - Didn't work.
I want them IN order, by Disk.

HOW do I fix this?

This has most likely been answered, but I've plowed thru forums for 2-3 hours. I give up.
A kind soul HAS to have the short answer for me.

Thanks in Advance.

I believe Poweramp uses track numbers but not disc numbers. If so, you would need to rename the Album Title tag for each of the tracks from the second album as "The Wall - Disc 2", etc.

Or you could use filename ordering, which is what I do, and precede the filenames with full numbering: "01-01 title.mp3", "01-02 title.mp3", "02-01 title.mp3", "02-02 title.mp3", etc.

Andre

I believe Poweramp uses track numbers but not disc numbers. If so, you would need to rename the Album Title tag for each of the tracks from the second album as "The Wall - Disc 2", etc.

I was just looking at how double CDs are ordered in general so nice of you to confirm that point. This brings up the question, will PA support the disk number in the (near) future? I ask as it still does not support the 'album artist' tag which has been asked for for several years now ... :-(

To the OP, if you re-do the tags for double albums you could number them all as if from a single album - so CD1 goes from 1 - 15 then CD2 goes from 16 - 30 (say). A pain but it'd work.

Dave

I tried both of these - no go. I renumbered them on my phone. Maybe if I renumber them on my PC, THEN move to phone, maybe that would take care of it. Like Dave said - a lot of work, but I've done more already.
Seems like it should be a simple thing for PA to recognize.

I tried both of these - no go. I renumbered them on my phone. Maybe if I renumber them on my PC, THEN move to phone, maybe that would take care of it. Like Dave said - a lot of work, but I've done more already.

I tag all mine on the PC first. Do them as you rip/download them and it's not a problem. Just a pain getting it all correct (and consistant!) to start with. I use mp3tag to sort them out on the PC. I also try to run the songs through a couple of players on the PC from time to time to try to spot any glaring issues. Then from time to time you spot an error in the tags on the phone so this gets done as soon as I can.

Oh, I use my PC as my main repository/database for all mp3s/contactsd/email/calendar etc. Makes life easier to do things on a 24" screen especially with my eyesight having entered that 'reading glasses' stage of life ... :-)

Dave

I tried both of these - no go. I renumbered them on my phone.

What did you do exactly that didn't work? Both of the solutions I posted above will work fine.

My own preference is to use filenames, as that gives me the greatest control no matter what the ID3 tags happen to contain (you then need to make sure the Menu > List Options setting for song lists is set to "by filename").

Changing the Album Title in the ID3 tags on each of the tracks of the second CD would also work fine, without needing to use filename sorting.

All this can be done on the phone, but obviously making batch changes is much easier on a PC with a proper keyboard and a batch tag editor.

As a last resort you could renumber the second CDs tracks using higher numbers, but personally I'd prefer to keep those intact.

Andre

Archived