Edit playlist

Niro

To edit a playlist you created in Poweramp, make sure the slider thumbs are enabled to the right of each title within that list (to do this, press the symbol in the upper right of the playlist screen, a bit like an equals-sign with arrows above and below). Then you can hold on that icon next to each song title to drag it up and down the list.

To delete a playlist, long-press on its title and select Delete.

Andre

Thank you for your quick respond, Andre.

I downloaded the app recently and I want to make sure that I can edit the playlist before i purchace it. Although I looked in the menu and the app's features, I couldn't find that slider thumb nor the symbol of the arrows...

The only thing that i can do, is create a new playlist and add to a playlist. Can you tell me what I need to do exactly, and where? (whtin the app).

Thank you!!

p.s: I added a screenshot of the app on my phone, if it helps :)

2ywetc6.png

You are in the main playback screen in the image above.

To get to a playlist that you have created, first go to the main Folders/Library screen (via the menu, or just tap on the song title in the player screen) then tap 'Library' at the bottom of the screen, then tap 'Playlists', and select the Playlist that you want to work with. That's where you can then edit the order by using the sliders beside each song in the list.

It is also possible to export playlists and then manage them in much more detail via an external text editor if you want to.

Andre

• 3 years later...
40 minutes ago, Duke Bruno said:

Does deleting a playlist delete the files themselves? Is it possible to move a song from one playlist to another or combine two lists?  

By default, removing a file from a Playlist did not also delete the file from physical storage. This is now an option though, and you can choose which behaviour you want in the action's confirmation prompt.

You cannot move files between playlists, or merge them (well, you could with external file-based lists and a text editor, but not from within Poweramp). It's possible that a third-party app such as New Playlist Manager might offer that sort of functionality though.

Andre

You can't group playlists but you can add the tracks from one playlist to another playlist, long press the source playlist and then add it to a new or existing list.

This method is also usable for converting a m3u list into a Poweramp playlist, just long press the m3u and select add to playlist.

2 hours ago, 6b6561 said:

You can't group playlists but you can add the tracks from one playlist to another playlist, long press the source playlist and then add it to a new or existing list.

Sorry, I forget to mention that as a work-around for merging playlists. I think I first invented that trick too (for converting file-based to internal lists).

Andre

Archived