Missing Songs

HAL9000

Love Poweramp, have been using it for many years.  I have a Samsung s4 that I have PA installed on (build 578).  The stock music player is showing 133 more songs than PA is showing.  I have thousands of songs-any easy way to tell which ones are missing from PA? All the proper music folders are checked, and just for s & g's I installed another music player, and that found the same amount of songs as the stock player.  All playlists match between the stock player and PA. Thanks.

All formats are picked up by Poweramp.  Where in the folder structure of the phone would the Poweramp database reside, and could I do a side by side comparison with the stock player's database? I'm also not sure where that would reside either. I'm on KK 4.4.2, rooted phone with stock Touchwiz. Here's some more weird facts: Amt of folders in stock player:3117, Poweramp 3120. Amount of albums in stock player:1147, Poweramp 1085.  Amount of artists in stock player:2098, Poweramp 2194.  So Poweramp is showing 96 more artists but 133 fewer songs. I know this probably has something to do with tags, but as I said previously I loaded in another player and all of the numbers matched exactly, so it has to be in the way Poweramp is reading some of these tags. But any help in looking at the Poweramp database vs the stock S4 player would be helpful.

The databases are internal, and not user-accessible other than via the app (the same would go for other players I'd have thought).

One thing you could try would be to go into Powermap's Folders view, and set the List Options mode to "Hierarchy", and navigate up to your top level folder (such as "Music" or "MusicFolders"). Then long-press on that folder name and do an "Add to Playlist". That should add every item within the folder to a playlist, which you could then export to an M3U file and view in a text editor.

The other discrepancies you mention would probably be caused by tag issues as you say (e.g. exact spacing or maybe case sensitivity being different, etc).

Andre

hal9000,

if your device is rooted then you can extract both the Poweramp database and android database.

Poweramp database can be found at /data/data/com.maxmpz.audioplayer/databases/folders.db

Android database is at data/data/com.android.providers.media/databases/external.db

A quick comparison check on my avd (android virtual device) which has a small sample of music, shows discrepancies.

I moved the databases to my pc and used RazorSql to investigate.

Conclusion:

It is definitely down to tagging. Poweramp shows a list of albums with one entry "unknown album" whereas the android database does not show this at all. Even within the android tables I found discrepancies eg tables album has 29 entries whereas  album_info  shows  26 entries.

In addition to the tagging, the way in which sql views are implemented in each database may also influence the end result.

Archived