Are ../ relative paths supported in playlists?

ejfriis

I just can't get this working (well, I can, but see below)

My folder structure is setup like this:

/Music/Artist/*.mp3

/Music/Artist/playlists/*.m3u

So in my .m3u, I setup like this:

../filenameOfSong.mp3

../filenameOfSong.mp3

../filenameOfSong.mp3

../filenameOfSong.mp3

The playlist just says 0 songs.  Works fine on Windows.

Now if I setup a more absolute "relative" path like:

/Music/Artist/filenameOfSong.mp3

it works fine.  But I don't want to have to edit all my playlists (which are changing regularly) between Windows and Poweramp.

Also, if I "import" the playlist under Poweramp settings, that same playlist works fine (with the ../ relative pathing).  But every time you need to import playlists like this it makes another copy of all the playlists on your phone (now there are 2 of each).  Starts getting hairy really fast.

From other posts on this forum i understand that Poweramp is clever enough to work out the location of the songs. There are a lot of questions on managing playlists which is the reason why i developed New Playlist Manager, it has lots of functionality, including m3u export with several options, absolute, relative path, windows, android format. As Poweramp does not show native android playlists, my app provides support on how to make m3u exports available to Poweramp.

http://www.playlistmanager.webspace.virginmedia.com/npm/

it should make your life a lot easier!!

From other posts on this forum i understand that Poweramp is clever enough to work out the location of the songs. There are a lot of questions on managing playlists which is the reason why i developed New Playlist Manager, it has lots of functionality, including m3u export with several options, absolute, relative path, windows, android format. As Poweramp does not show native android playlists, my app provides support on how to make m3u exports available to Poweramp.

http://www.playlistmanager.webspace.virginmedia.com/npm/

it should make your life a lot easier!!

Thank you, but I'm looking to utilize my existing playlists.  I don't want to spend time remaking all my playlists, and especially not on my phone.  If you have a suggestion for a PC application, I can check that out.

Has anybody actually gotten ../ relative paths to work with m3u playlists?

Yes it works without any issues.

As an example,

#EXTM3U - Generated_Playlist_2
#EXTINF:215095,Arctic Monkeys - AM - Mad Sounds
../small_music/modern/Arctic Monkeys - AM {2013-Album}/AM/07 Mad Sounds.mp3
#EXTINF:251246,Kings Of Leon - Mechanical Bull (Deluxe Edition) - Last Mile Home (Bonus Track)
../small_music/modern/Kings of Leon - Mechanical Bull (Deluxe Edition) 2013 Rock 320kb/Kings of Leon - Mechanical Bull (Deluxe Edition) 2013 Rock 320kbps CBR MP3 [VX] [P2PDL]/13 - Kings Of Leon - Last Mile Home (Bonus Track).mp3
#EXTINF:206083,Arctic Monkeys - AM - One For the Road
../small_music/modern/Arctic Monkeys - AM {2013-Album}/AM/03 One For the Road.mp3

As long as the m3u is placed within the root of the tree, in this example small_music. Foobar or Windows Media Player happily load the playlist and play it.
Note, the extra information is not really necessary.
On Android, I found that ES Explorer did not play but Xenoamp did. I know that Poweramp does not play playlists presented to it by external apps such as mine. 

Yeah I dunno.  Seriously I don't think it is supported.

The same playlist works fine in ES Explorer and a random music app I downloaded, MortPlayer.  So I'm confident I have my directory structure correct.  It also plays fine in this Xenoamp player (I just downloaded to try).

Can we get support for relative paths in Poweramp in a future version?

Archived