Playlist becomes empty

After the last update appeared the following bug: 
Playlist becomes empty and the player don't finds the music. Doesn't help even a complete re-scan player finds nothing.
Helps only the full stop process of the application and restart the application.

Tarazzz,

I have experienced similar behaviour. In my case it occurred when there was a reading problem with my external sdcard. I have all my music on the external sdcard and when the android device cannot read this, the media scanning process, which runs in the background, is unable to find the music. It updates the media database (removing the entries). The playlists themselves seem not to be affected by this but given that the music is no longer found in the media database, it ends up as an emty playlist.

After I reformatted my sdcard on the pc I copied the music back and once the media scanning completes, the music will be recognised again. You will have to recreate your playlists though.

Poweramp syncs playlists contents with the contents of the sdcard. If song file is moved, this is a new file for Poweramp, and old file looks like removed. Your system for some reason renames/moves such songs/song folders. I would recommend selecting exactly music folders in Poweramp Settings -> Folders and Library and hitting Full Rescan one in the same Settings category.

Thanks!

Archived