Duplicate songs

All the songs on my phone show up as duplicates in Poweramp, but when I try to delete one of the duplicates, it deletes the song all together from my phone. I dont have auto scan set and have Poweramp set to scan two folders, one on my sd card and the other on my phone (galaxy s5). The problem only happens with the folder on my phone. Any ideas on how to fix this?

There is only one version ticked. Also, it is not the files on my sd card that are duplicates, they are fine. It is only the files on my phone that show up as duplicates. I only have two folders ticked, one on my phone and one on my sd card.

• 3 months later...

Having duplicate issues also.  Went through whole app and deleted duplicates.  Today they were all back.

Deleted duplicates when hooked up phone to PC.  Duplicates returned as soon as disconnected.

Uninstalled Poweramp....voila....duplicates not there.  My songs are there with no duplicates.

I tried following the directions on line, but once I get to settings for the music folder, I have no idea what to uncheck.  Soooo....long story short...will advise people not to purchase until this has been permanently fixed.  And I purchased my edition, so whether free or purchased, still has the same issues.

I tried following the directions on line, but once I get to settings for the music folder, I have no idea what to uncheck.  Soooo....long story short...will advise people not to purchase until this has been permanently fixed.  And I purchased my edition, so whether free or purchased, still has the same issues.

Just looked and it couldn't be simpler. Choose the folder you want as a Poweramp folder and check it. Then 'Select folders' at the bottom. After that PA will just look in that/those folder(s). I find it incredible that you would advise against buying a product because you can't figure out what buttons to press ......

Archived