Increse ff/rw speed over time

bur

When ff or rw'ing in long files (audiobooks or podcasts) the ff/rw is too slow. My Samsung player and the Sony Ericsson cell both gradually increase the ff/rw speed the longer the button is pressed. That way you have slow ff/rw and also very fast one when needed.

Yes, that's what I meant.

But for really long files like Podcasts/Audiobooks 20s is often too slow. Maybe you could add two more levels, 40s and 60s steps? Or maybe even more, on my Samsung the winding gets just faster and faster.

Or even better a Goto command - then Poweramp would really be perfect for both music and audiobooks... :)

On all of my audio and video playback programs on my PC (and on my old WinMo phone) I set the cursor keys as 'skip' and 'jump' buttons for easy navigation of longer files. For example, 'Skip' moves forward or backward by 10 seconds, while 'Jump' moves by 1 minute. The actual times are configurable, but those settings work for me.

The lack of a proper D-pad on Android is a real pain in this respect, but I have previously suggested that this feature could be very easily implemented via the trackpad - a left swipe to skip back 10 seconds (or whatever value the user has chosen), a right swipe for forward 10 seconds, and up and down swipes for longer jumps. This really simple feature would make general use of this program so much easier for me.

Oh, and Max, do you have a timescale yet for adding the current press-and-hold functionality for fwd/rwd onto the physical buttons on the headset cable too?

Thanks again for all your hard work,

Andre

• 2 weeks later...

Archived