Poweramp does not enter deep sleep while playback on cyanogenmod

Hello, i wish it would only be a moderate 5% drain per hour...

no, actually the screen is completely turned off and nothing else is happening on the device...

any ideas are appreciated... it's quite boring the way it is right now.

Poweramp by itself shouldn't take 20% of battery during playback, except you're playing something like 96khz 24 bit flacs all the time or hi compression APEs. Mp3/mp4 playing on your device is closer to 1-3%.

There is no error or mistakes related to Poweramp handling of wakelocks in the app. Poweramp holds partial wakelock during playback. There is no other APIs beyond wakelocks available to apps on Android. Poweramp itself can't control sleep states of device beyond those wakelocks. This is under control of Android, device specific ROM and device specific drivers (esp. audio driver).

Also I don't believe deep sleep is possible in Android when Android is playing audio at all (depending on Android version, audio driver will wake up device all the time).

Thanks!

I would start by installing BetterBatteryStats (Play Store or http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1179809) and see what it reports - both with Poweramp playing for a few hours, and also with Poweramp off and the phone idle for the same period. In both cases start with the charger plugged it, and then unplug it just as you start the test and keep the screen off for the test duration. You can create a logfile at the end of each test to compare results.

Andre

Archived