Albums in "Folder" view is correct, albums "Library" view is not

Hello

All my albums in the "Folder" view is showing up correctly, including the names of the albums, which I've edited before transfering over to my phone. However, in the "Library" view, I am missing a couple of albums and some album names are incorrect - they are showing up as the name before the editing.

Troubleshooting I've done already (in these exact steps):

- Removed all my music (from SD card)

- Cleared the phone's cache

- Cleared the data from the Poweramp app

- Deleted the album art cache

- Copied back my music back (to SD card)

==> All to no avail.

Anyone else experienced this? Any solutions to this so that my Library matches the Folder?

Thank you.

That seemed too obvious to mention, but yes, just to cover all the bases - you haven't maybe only edited the FOLDER and FILE names have you? If so you need to use an MP3 ID3 tag editor (I use TagScanner) to alter the data stored within the files too.

The best way to check that in Windows is to simply view the file properties 'Details' tab, which should show you the media tag contents for the file.

Andre

Interesting, and yes, I only edited the folder name, not the ID3 tags.

I, too, use TagScanner. I'll try editing those particular folders/albums (that are not showing up in the Library view), via TagScanner, and see if that works.

Thanks Mondkalb and Andre, for the suggestion. I'll let you know the results.

YES! That worked!

I have an album that came in two discs, but as you know, the album name is the same. In the Folder view, it was able to seperate the two discs as two seperate albums by folder name (which is what I want). I changed the folder to "Disc 1" and "Disc 2", however, the ID3 tag for both shared the same name, therefore Poweramp (in Library view) saw both discs as one album. In other words...

I'll use Nine Inch Nails' "The Fragile" album as an example

I have Disc 1 folder named as "Disc 1", but the ID3 tag is "The Fragile"

I have Disc 2 folder named as "Disc 2", but the ID3 tag is "The Fragile"

In this scenerio, Poweramp - in Library view - combined both folders as ONE album, not two seperate albums.

Since Monkalb and Andre's suggestions to change the actual ID3 tag, rather than just the folder name...

I have Disc 1 folder named as "Disc 1", but the ID3 tag is now "The Fragile Disc 1"

I have Disc 2 folder named as "Disc 2", but the ID3 tag is now "The Fragile Disc 2"

In this scenerio, Poweramp - in Library view - NOW sees the album as two seperate albums.

So in short, Library view is ID3 tag dependent.

Again, thanks to Monkalb and Andre for that bit of knowledge. Hopefully this can answer other people's posts as well, that are having naming issues.

Morty

So in short, Library view is ID3 tag dependent.

Yep, you got it. Library view doesn't care about folders at all, everything could be in one big folder in fact. That's why Folder View is a separate entity (although the track and album titles are still read from the ID3 tags for on-screen display purposes) 

Andre

• 2 years later...

I've been gaving this problem also, and I have to say it seems very random. I've double checked the file name and file properties of the mp3s I'm adding to the library and everything looks great. I'll sync to the device from WMP and all the songs will show up in the file view but some of them won't show up in the library view.

I've even deleted the files from the device and from the WMP library then re-added to WMP and re-synced to my device and all of them will show up, then they'll disappear from the device library when I do a full rescan when another album I'm trying to add doesn't toally show in the library view.

Check to make sure there aren't multiple tags within any given file which contradict each other (for example ID3v1 and ID3v2 tags - you may find that the older ID3v1 tags are truncated for example). TagScanner can show you the contents of all tags (and re-write them).

Andre

Archived