Cant find music

germinus

Hello,

I have been using the paid version of PA for about a year and have been very happy with it, having just installed a new ROM due to some phone issues PA just refuses to find the music on my ext sd card, all the folders are selected so it knows to look for the music but every time I scan if comes back with nothing, I have also noticed that when it scans the program seems to freeze, it it goes back to the settings screen for a few seconds freezes and then goes back to the player screen and does not find any music, yet every other music player app I have has no problem finding and playing the music, I am at my wits end to sort this out, I must have deleted and re installed the app about 50 times with no luck, I have even tried to reformat the sd card but the result is always the same... NO MUSIC!

I am having to use a media player which I hate becasue its just not as good as PA but atleast it finds the music!... Your help is appreciated!!!

So your 'Music Folders' directory tree shows your External SD Card, and within that tree the folder which contains your music is ticked, yes? Also there are no duplicated (virtual) folder trees which lead to the same place (this can happen on Android 4.2.2 and above)?

Have you tried copying some music files into another folder, on the phone's built-in memory, and after ensuring that the new folder name is ticked too, doing a Full Rescan?

Andre

Archived