Streaming music from extenal HDD using nexus media importer

mobily

Hi

I have bought a google nexus 7 and have attached an external hdd using an otg cable and nexus media importer app.

I note that Power amp will not recognise files that aren't stored on the device. Is this something that can be introduced in future updates?

Hi, this is similar to my recent post "Playing FLAC from NAS". I am also desperate to play audio from an external source. in my case a network NAS.

Poweramp seems to do a better job at playing the music compared with other audio player apps with all the controls it provides. I just wish it could do this also. I my case all my audio is in FLAC which chews up SD card memory. Not an issue with an external hard drive. but in my case I need DLNA support. We just need to be able to access it. Sometimes i wish I was a programer!

I am surprised that this is something Poweramp is not capable of.

I was hoping to connect my external HDD and select the music folder on Poweramp and away we go. Unfortunately Nexus Media Importer does not support alac files and therefore can't play my music via the otg method anyway. That is why if Poweramp supported otg it would be hugely beneficial as it is a great music player!

• 1 year later...

Same issue .
I purchased Poweramp since its a feature rich music player, but unfortunately it doesnt recognise tracks/folders stored on an external SD card connected to my Nexus 5/ Nexus 7 via an OTG cable/Nexus Media Importer app.
However, Google {Play Music recognises the OTG/NMI connected SD card so Im hoping the Poweramp would also be able to do so.
Till then, I am not able to use it ; I dont want to go thru the hassle of transferring/erasing music to/from the internal memory of my devices.
I earnestly request the PoweAmp developers to incorporate this feature soon.

Archived