Voice Search - Options

adanti

Hey I saw a topic similar to this in August, and a moderator acknowledged the suggestion, but I was wondering on the status of this:

When you voice search (using Voice Actions / Google Now) Poweramp will respond as an optional intent to "Listen to..". However, Poweramp will pull up a list of results as if you had used the search function in the app. I'd like to further suggest that if one result is found (aka - high confidence), Poweramp should automatically enqueue the song and start playing it immediately. As nice as it would be to tap into the Voice Actions API, I know it is not possible to add custom voice actions such as "enqueue <song>" vs "play <song>".

Some pseudocode:

private void VoiceSearch(string[] VoiceToTextResult) {
if (VoiceToTextResult.length == 1) {
if (GetResultType(VoiceToTextResult[0]) == ResultType.Song) PlaySong(VoiceToTextResult[0]);
else if (GetResultType(VoiceToTextResult[0]) == ResultType.Artist) PlayArtist(VoiceToTextResult[0]);
else if (GetResultType(VoiceToTextResult[0]) == ResultType.Album) PlayAlbum(VoiceToTextResult[0])
}
private ResultType GetResultType(string text) {
ResultType result;
//Logic
return result;
}
public enum ResultType {
Song, Artist, Album
}

Then add additional options toggling auto-play or whether to enqueue the result array or add it to the current playlist. Google Music does something like this, and I'm sure the fine devs of Poweramp are just as capable ;)

This is one of the minor things holding me back from getting the full version unlocker, as I use this feature a lot while driving. I'd provide more code but of course I have no access to the source so I'm not sure how PowerAmps functions work.

• 2 weeks later...

I second this request. This is the only feature I really want. Huge fan of the app, and wanted a feature like this since I got a jelly bean phone.

I realize the voice search app has always been around, but I use voice search much more often now.

Please consider this request :)

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

the app "Car Tunes" does a fantastic job of voice controlled searching, unfortunately the rest of the features are a little lacklustre at the moment. I would love it if Poweramp included voice search functionality in the paid version.

• 3 weeks later...

the app "Car Tunes" does a fantastic job of voice controlled searching, unfortunately the rest of the features are a little lacklustre at the moment. I would love it if Poweramp included voice search functionality in the paid version.

1 More request for voice control....

I use both Car Tunes and Poweramp

Car Tunes because of voice control options

Poweramp because it is Soooooooo Beautiful.....

If someway somehow Poweramp could just add a voice search icon to trigger an instant voice search (not with results since this would force the user for imput was again....)

Also, if possible, changing google's voice language option is not simple, so maybe an option to change between 2 languages on the fly ?

• 5 months later...

Archived