Remember place in playlists

BT52

I tend to create a shuffled playlist of my whole music library and listen to it all over a period of several months.

Occassionally during that time I will want to play something outside of the playlist though, and in order to go back to where I was in the playlist I lave to remember which song I was on (eg 622/2591 currently) and navigate there manually.

Would be really nice if it could remember my last place in ALL playlists, not just the current one.

Eg I am listening to an Audiobook (Iain M Banks Surface Detail, excellent in case anyone is interested) but I sometimes want to listen to music at other times from my playlist. I currently use the default music app for the audiobook and Poweramp for the music so that I don't lose my place in either.

Otherwise it's a bit like trying to read two books at the same time with only one bookmark...

• 1 month later...

I agree entirely. This would be very useful. It would be further useful if it remembered your track position even if you change tracks or turn off your phone so that when you play the track again it picks up from where you left off. Other players can do this, so hopefully we get this soon!

+1

Ideally with some way to define which types of file this feature applies to - I'm not worried about storing the position for 3-minute music tracks (in fact, I'd definitely prefer not to) but trying to find your place again in a 2-hour podcast/concert/audiobook/etc because you've pressed track-advance by accident is not fun!

Andre

• 11 months later...

People who want this feature, instead of just reading this request, you should post a reply at least with a few word "I WANT IT TOO".

With your response/reply/comment/feadback, Poweramp may be aware of your need.

• 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived