Android Auto Volume Issue

RockStar2005

Hi Max & Poweramp Community, 

I am a Pixel 7 Pro owner who has just bought a new 2024 Toyota Corolla Hybrid SE which fortunately is compatible with Android Auto (AA). Android Auto seems to work just fine in my car except for when I try using Poweramp vs. a streaming app that works just fine with AA, like YouTube Music or Pandora. 

While Poweramp DOES in fact work with AA, if ANY other player is enabled and used, or even if a call comes while using Poweramp, then whenever I go back to Poweramp, I am no longer able to adjust the volume (see attached pic). The error message that I get says "Audio Paused - Play or adjust volume to continue listening"

This is CLEARLY a bug in either AA or Poweramp that needs addressing. Although it's perhaps more likely an AA issue, is it possible that you Max could in fact come up with a patch to fix this issue? There is no reason why I shouldn't be able to adjust the volume again just because another app that also utilizes audio is used during the same session as Poweramp, but this is exactly what's been happening. I've tried to find a way around it, but I simply can't. Due to this issue, I have ended up driving with the volume up way too high (or even too low), which is quite distracting, and also really not something someone that's driving a car should have to deal with for safety reasons

So I am making a formal request that you kindly PLEASE create a fix or patch for this bug so that people can enjoy using Poweramp without issue in conjunction with AA. 

Thank You, 

Steve L.

PXL_20240927_212127276.PORTRAIT.jpg