How can I stop songs from shuffling to other folders?

TRG

Hi Everyone

I'm new here, hope you can help me

I've recently signed up and started using the full power amp app and I like it alot.

My question is I have three folders, for general music, classical and instrumentals.

I often listen by selecting the folder of choice and then select shuffle songs but after few songs, it switches onto other folders like the classical music folder, how can I stop from doing that.

Is the best solution to add the folder onto a new playlist and listen through a playlist,....  The reason why I listen through folders is because whenever I buy or download a song I put it straight onto that folder so it makes it easier to organise instead of adding each new song onto a playlist?

Please advise,

thankyou

You need to open the particular folder in the Folders view and then press the 'Shuffle' icon in the header bar. This will shuffle the contents of that folder and all its subfolders.

The default method is to shuffle by subfolder first, play all its songs randomly, then select a new subfolder and play it randomly, etc. However if you want to listen to any song from any of the subfolders randomly, enable Settings=>Library=>Shuffle=>Shuffle All Songs in Folder Hierarchy.

Andre

Idk if I have a different release version of the app but if I've selected a song to play within an album if I press the shuffle button once it'll shuffle all the music on my phone unless I long press -> Shuffle Songs/Categories to only shuffle the songs in that album.