Is it Better Choice To Set Sample Rate/Format Fixed As Output Bluetooth Device Supports

@maxmp @andrewilley

Is it Better Choice To Set Sample Rate/Format Fixed As Output Bluetooth Device Support OR Set According To Songs 

IN my Case JBL TUNE 510BT Supports 16bit 44.1kHz Fixed Output 16bit 44.1kHz is Better Choice OR Setting According To Song 24bit 48kHz Will Better Choice For Quality ? 

Is Poweramp's DSP Better Choice For UP/DownSampling, Matches With Output Bluetooth Device ?

Poweramp DSP Vs Device's Processing ?Screenshot_2024-08-20-20-23-35-636_com.maxmpz.audioplayer.thumb.jpg.aabf0bc8619c74a675aeca2d8cad8c5f.jpg

Edited by Somnath Khole

Isn't the most important thing how it sounds and your perception of the quality? Do a couple of blind tests and go for what sounds the better.

This is quite close to "the best equalizer setting", that also comes down to personal taste, do you want something bass heavy or are you compensating for lack in some specific area of the audio spectrum.

Ideally, set the output to the highest quality your headset (and connection) supports, and let PA do the upsampling of any lower quality files.

But as @6b6561 correctly infers, if you can't tell the difference with your ears, what's the point? Go with whichever sounds better to you.

Andre

@andrewilley See Shared Image Image and tell me Where it is PA's DSP OR Android Audio Mixer Doing Final Output DownSampling 24bit/48kHz to 16bit/44.1kHz 

If I Choose 16bit/44.1kHz in Output Settings PA's DSP DownSamples Any Song 24Bit/192,96,48kHz to 16bit/44.1kHz

But What If i Choose 24Bit/192kHz Output As Default Then Who Gives Final Output 16Bit/44.1kHz PA DSP OR Android Mixer ?

Which One Is Greater PA DSP OR Android Mixer ?

On 8/20/2024 at 8:41 PM, Somnath Khole said:

@maxmp @andrewilley

Is it Better Choice To Set Sample Rate/Format Fixed As Output Bluetooth Device Support OR Set According To Songs 

IN my Case JBL TUNE 510BT Supports 16bit 44.1kHz Fixed Output 16bit 44.1kHz is Better Choice OR Setting According To Song 24bit 48kHz Will Better Choice For Quality ? 

Is Poweramp's DSP Better Choice For UP/DownSampling, Matches With Output Bluetooth Device ?

Poweramp DSP Vs Device's Processing ?Screenshot_2024-08-20-20-23-35-636_com.maxmpz.audioplayer.thumb.jpg.aabf0bc8619c74a675aeca2d8cad8c5f.jpg