Hello, I'm hoping this issue is not repeated or something, but I was wondering how can I group lists by a specific topic, as an example, when listing the albums it seems that they're grouped by "Album Artist" tag, but I'd like it to be sorted by "Artist" tag instead, this is because I have these two tags differently, for "Album Artist" I have the people involved playing in the album and for "Artist" is typically the band/artist name, this wouldn't be an issue if some Albums were not the kind of "multiple artists" that makes it appear as two different albums, I think this issue is solved by grouping different by using the "Artist" tag that is the same for each track in the album.

As a clarification, I know there's two categories in the collection menu "Artists" and "Album Artists", what I mean in my post is accesing any of the two forms, then Albums and see all albums grouped by a single "Artist", instead of splitted by "Album Artist".

Is there any way to do it with the today's version? or should be submitted as a request?

Edited by AnonTheDude

Unfortunately you seem to be using the Artist and Album Artist tags the wrong way round.

The Artist tag is for the actual performers on that specific individual track. It may vary between the various tracks in one album if there are duets, collaborations, or could even be different for every track if it's a "collection" album. That's where you most often see multiple names (which you can separate with something like a semicolon by the way, so you can see all the induvial names shown in lists).

The Album Artist tag is for the overall name that is to be considered as the "grouping identity" for the whole album - e.g. it could also be a simple band name, or something like "Various Artists" for a collection of disparate tracks. It MUST however be exactly the same string of text for each track that you want to be considered as a single album.

You can view sort by either tag type, depending on the Category you choose and the List Options setting. You can also override displaying Track Artist and show Album Artist instead in some lists, by using the options near the bottom of the Settings=>Library=>Lists menu. 

Andre