Poweramp showing two artists even though there is only one?

Some of my tracks are showing a second artist even though Meta data on 19/20 other players apps is not showing the 2nd artist anywhere.

I did look with mp3tag and it does show a 2nd artist tag which I didn't even know was a thing but every other music player and app is not showing this.

I used a few only meta data tools and a couple show the 2nd artist but most don't

Is there a way to disable this instead of cleaning up all these tags?

What is Poweramp doing differently than all the other music players including itunes?

Screenshot_20240411_080724_Poweramp.jpg

If there are multiple occurrence of the same tag (e.g. two ARTIST tags in a FLAC/Vorbis file) then they will both be displayed, with a semi-colon separator. That is by design, and it is why two tags were saved inside the file in the first place. You would need to edit the tags to prevent this.

Ideally every audio app should support split tags, and/or multiple tags, but not all do.

Andre

5 hours ago, airtas said:

What is Poweramp doing differently than all the other music players including itunes?

Poweramp is displaying the correct information from all Artist tag fields. It is all of the other players, including iTunes, that do not follow the spec.