Is Poweramp switching to a subscription system?

Go to solution Solved by Fitzian,

Hello, first of all, I am new to the forum and please forgive me if I opened the topic in the wrong place :) I love the Poweramp application. I bought both the equalizer and the normal one from the play store. Also today, I repurchased the non-play store direct version for my Android 6 based mp3 player. What concerns me is that I heard about feature packages. In this case, will we have to constantly pay money for the application? Will the licenses we purchased for a fee become invalid? Could you give me detailed information about this, please? Thanks.

The existing licences will remain valid, and the core app will still receive updates either via the Play Store or to download.

Feature packs are going to be a way to purchase extra bolt-on features, beyond the core app, at some point in the future.

Andre

1 minute ago, andrewilley said:

Mevcut lisanslar geçerli kalacak ve temel uygulama, Play Store aracılığıyla veya indirilerek güncelleme almaya devam edecek.

Özellik paketleri, gelecekte bir noktada çekirdek uygulamanın ötesinde ekstra cıvatalı özellikler satın almanın bir yolu olacak.

André

I understood thank you.  So there is no situation that directly negatively affects me and my mp3 player, right?

• Solution
21 minutes ago, Metin Bilgin said:

I understood thank you.  So there is no situation that directly negatively affects me and my mp3 player, right?

If you take a look at the feature requests voting section, a handful are of a similar focus (UI changes, networked sources, or audio engine / effect related).

These future upgrade packages may have related features bundled together. But different ones have different time investments required for the sole developer (Max) to implement.

But no, nothing that exists in the app right now is going to suddenly disappear or become paywalled.

If some function isn't in the app right now, and that omission is a deal-breaker for you, chances are down the road you might need to make some one-time "a la carte" payment to get that feature.

5 hours ago, Fitzian said:

If you take a look at the feature requests voting section, a handful are of a similar focus (UI changes, networked sources, or audio engine / effect related).

These future upgrade packages may have related features bundled together. But different ones have different time investments required for the sole developer (Max) to implement.

But no, nothing that exists in the app right now is going to suddenly disappear or become paywalled.

If some function isn't in the app right now, and that omission is a deal-breaker for you, chances are down the road you might need to make some one-time "a la carte" payment to get that feature.

Thanks for your detailed information.