HINTS!!!! ARRRRG

Muresan

Please for the love of god make them go away and never come back please!!

Im so tierd of opening my amp and being bambarded with the thanks for purchasing and validating

proamp signs and then the player hints over lap them every single time please please change

It to a one time occurance pretty please! Other then that I absolutly love it to death I use it

All day and every day at work. It litterly is perfect in every way except for the popups

So please finish the perfection and take em away.... Thanks!

Not true....they appear every time you restart, this program never really shuts off unless your

Task killer kills it. Mine does so everytime I turn the screen off I have it this way to save battery

Life. So when I start the amp its like a new start up. With no prior songs or playlists played

And so all the screens pop up at once its really lame. And the same happens to every other user with

A good task killer.....

Not true....they appear every time you restart, this program never really shuts off unless your

Task killer kills it. Mine does so everytime I turn the screen off I have it this way to save battery

Life. So when I start the amp its like a new start up. With no prior songs or playlists played

And so all the screens pop up at once its really lame. And the same happens to every other user with

A good task killer.....

Task killers have a habit of messing up some stuff, I suggest you don't use it or at least add Poweramp to the ignore list. It seems like as you force Poweramp to shut down, it is unable to save the previous state (or it corrupts it).

Poweramp doesn't have the option to "shut off", however it automatically unloads the process and turns itself off when you are not playing any music, so to turn it /off you just have to pause/stop the playback and exit the app with the tap on the homr button.

If you still experience this issue without using the task killer, try clearing the data and cache.

There's been a rather big debate whether to or not to use task killers in the past and since at least Android 2.2 and up, they simply are unnecessary. The idea of freeing up ram is not working very good with the way Android (and the entire Linux base) is made as it has a much different memory handling compared to Windows. The memory handling in Android defeats the purpose of using a task killer... there's a reason that Google removed the ability to use task killer automatically with 2.2.

The reason I tell you to consider not using a task killer is because it interferes with Androids built in memory handling and it has the risk of causing issues with the apps you "kill".

You need to let Poweramp at least one time to finish/unload normally (it unloads in 5 seconds when paused and no Poweramp activities on the screen exist). Otherwise task killers don't give a chance to save settings, including state of the already shown hints.

Thanks!

Archived