How do I export my equalizer presets from my phone to my android head unit ?

Akanmu
Go to solution Solved by andrewilley,

I've had some very nice custom EQ presets set over 8 years of using Poweramp on my phone. I just installed Poweramp on my android car stereo. Is there a way to import those custom equalizer presets from my phone to my android head unit ? They both run Android 13 if that helps.

• Solution

Yes, just use Settings=>Export Settings/Data. You can choose to only save your EQ values, or other stuff too if you want. Then copy the resulting file over to your new device and use Import Settings/Data.

EQ adjustments are normally tailored to the listening device though, so they may not sound the same in your car as they did for your headphones.

Andre

Thanks.

When I do "Settings=>Export Settings/Data" where do I retrieve the file to save on stick and take it to my car.

When I do "Settings=>Import Settings/Data" in the car, does Poweramp auto detect where the files is ?

Sorry I'm still a novice despite over 8 years of use.

I'm aware it may not sound the same but rather than "reinvent the wheel" I intend to just tweak my old settings to suit the new environment.

Edited by Akanmu

1 hour ago, Akanmu said:

When I do "Settings=>Export Settings/Data" where do I retrieve the file to save on stick and take it to my car.

Poweramp will offer a standard save location and display this before proceeding. You can note this location and copy the file to a separate card to then take an import on your car unit. Or change the default location to save it directly to your card if you prefer. Either way you would then import that saved file to Poweramp installed on the car unit.

10 hours ago, Akanmu said:

When I do "Settings=>Import Settings/Data" in the car, does Poweramp auto detect where the files is ?

Both the Export and Import processes provide a file location selector, so you can save the backup to anywhere that you have storage access permission.

Or just make a note of where it gets saved by default, and then copy it from there later.

Andre