Equaliser keeps resetting to my headphone preset every track

Hyperlynx

I've just got a new pair of wireless earbuds. I see that Poweramp has equaliser presets for them, so I thought I'd use that.

The thing is, I use the preamp volume setting a lot, for fine volume control. The normal volume control of my phone is often too coarse for what I want. But now, if I alter the preamp volume a little, when the track finishes that gets discarded because Poweramp re-loads the presets for my earbuds (and that includes preamp).

Is there a way to load up the presets for my earbuds just once, and NOT reapply them every time the track changes?

You'd probably have to load the Preset manually (just tap on it in the list) rather than allowing it to be selected automatically. That way you can tweak the preamp gain and it will stick.

Longer term, there is a Feature Request to allow EQ Presets to be assigned which contain just specific parameters. That would mean you could save a Preset with just the EQ adjustments but no defined Preamp value. You can vote for it here:

Andre

23 minutes ago, Hyperlynx said:

How do I cancel the automatic selection, though?

Just delete the Preset that's assigned to that device name (long-press on it in the Presets list and tap Delete). Might be an idea a save it again under a different name before you delete the device-assigned copy though, so you've still got the EQ settings available under a new name.

Andre

Well... It's not ideal, but it'll do thanks. This does mean I can't get any autoeq at all, if switching between earbuds and phone speakers.

Ideally, the auto settings should be applied only the first time the app sees the connection to the device, not each time a track is played