Can't install Poweramp

Greetings all,

I just purchased Poweramp from the website.  I want to install it on my android head unit.  When I try it asks me do I want to update but I do not have it installed.  I did at one time but not recently.  When I go a head, it fails to install.  I have included 2 pictures to show the error.  What do I need to do?  Thanks.

Pat Callaghan Jr.

poweramp_1.jpg

poweramp_2.jpg

Looks like you have already installed a version in the past. Make sure it, and the unlocker if present, are fully removed. Then install the latest APK file downloaded from here on the official website, and go through the Settings=>Support=>Already Purchased? links. You need to have an active internet connection while you do this. 

Andre

26 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Looks like you have already installed a version in the past. Make sure it, and the unlocker if present, are fully removed. Then install the latest APK file downloaded from here on the official website, and go through the Settings=>Support=>Already Purchased? links. You need to have an active internet connection while you do this. 

Andre

Andre,

Thanks for the quick response.  I did uninstall the previous version.  Not sure where any other files are located so I can remove them.

Pat

It's hard to say without access to that particular manufacturer's hardware (ATOTO) and firmware, and I'm not sure if @maxmp has access to one of those. PA is optimised for phones and tablets of course, but it should still work on correctly implemented Android versions on other devices. There are issues with Huawei's AppGallery and trying to over-install different versions, but that's unlikely to be the case here:

You could try running APK Installer and see what that reports?

Andre

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same problem. It's been over 8 months now and I am still unable to install Poweramp on my Samsung Galaxy A2. In my case, I uninstalled the previously installed app and then as I was unistalling, I got a message asking me if I wanted to keep the data in case i wanted to reinstall the application and I selected "Yes". Ever since that time I am unable to install any Poweramp on my phone. I have cleared all files that have com.maxmpz.audioplayer i.e. "Internal shared storage\Android\data\com.maxmpz.audioplayer" I also deleted that same file on my memory card. Please assist me because its me sad that I bought this application but cannot use it. I love Poweramp and there is no other player that I can use following that they do not match the sound that is produced by Poweramp. I have used all sorts of applications that claim to be able to find corpses or leftover files of applications. Please assist. 

Skeera

@Sibusiso Mathonsi if nothing helps, this usually means there are remains of Poweramp or Unlocker which were signed with a different signature and that blocks legitimate Poweramp installation.

Looking into the system log right after this failed install attempt will make it clear for sure, but to the date all such logs sent by users indicated exactly that issue - modded Poweramp with its data kept. Android can’t overwrite such remains. This is a security measure to disallow apps from different developer to read other developer app internal data.

You need to remove that, either by searching for “com.maxmpz” folders (rooted), or may be by installing that exactly “modded” Poweramp apk and uninstalling it _with_ the data (don’t check that Keep data … checkbox). May be some adb command will help, I’ll check this shortly.