Poweramp on Android headunit does not pause on bluetooth phone call

Jonny G

Hi all,

Poweramp is my default media player on my Xtrons Android 10 (fudged to report as 11 I think) headunit. I'm having the issue that upon receiving or making a phone call via bluetooth, PA mutes rather than pauses the currently playing song. Before I disabled DVC, Poweramp would continue to play music alongside the phone call but ideally I'd like it to pause the track, as the options in settings I have enabled suggest should happen.

Does anyone know what combination of settings might work for me?

I can't find the post now (could have been on XDA) but I seem to remember reading a while back that there was some issue with certain Android headunits interpreting commands correctly, if anyone knows anything about that side of things.

Any help much appreciated,

Same again. I've had a look in my unit's factory settings but nothing jumps out as being related to this feature.

Just to add... Poweramp pauses without issue when opening another app which plays audio. Just seems to be Bluetooth which can't activate pause for some reason.

Edited by Jonny G
Added info

I've just been playing with DVC. If enabled, audio will pause very briefly, then return with noticeable volume increase (as expected). No DVC for Bluetooth Absolute Volume seems to make no difference even with Disable Absolute Volume enabled in developer options and BT toggled off / on.

I also noticed I have various different output options namely, OpenSL ES Output, AudioTrack Output, Hi-Res Output, AAudio Output. It seems you can assign different outputs such as wired headset (which my car speakers function as) Bluetooth, USB DAC, etc but I've not found changing these settings allows the PA to pause as required.

I've tried swapping Wired Headset onto other output modes without success, as well as Bluetooth (unsure if Bluetooth is actually being used as an output as in this case the phone is transmitting the phone call to the headunit via BT, then output is thru wired headset isn't it?)

Can't see an Override listed, unless you mean "No Duck"

56 minutes ago, Jonny G said:

Can't see an Override listed, unless you mean "No Duck"

Yes, that's what I meant. And yes, BT will not be used for stereo music within the headunit, only for calls audio from your phone to the headunit.

What do you see in Settings=>Headset/Bluetooth=>Last Processed Commands? That might show what's happening, but it does sound like your headunit's ROM is not providing the correct event details.

Andre

I've also noticed in the Audio menu that it states Bluetooth is disconnected. (It's not) Unsure of what else I can try related to this as BT options on Android HU's are very limited and the Developer Options don't seem to relate to this particular problem.

Hi Andre. This log was taken with all outputs set to default OpenSL ES Output just before making an outgoing call via my bluetoothed mobile.

11:29:18.285 build-967-bundle-play
Device: Doro Doro QCM6125 S10A trinket "qcom" QCM6125 sc138-userdebug 10 S10A_123 eng.hct2.20220929.155140 release-keys [arm64-v8a, armeabi-v7a, armeabi]

trinket is_snapdragon
FAILED to read /vendor/etc/audio_output_policy.conf
reading /vendor/etc/audio_io_policy.conf
has direct_pcm_24, sampling_rates=44100|48000|88200|96000|176400|192000|352800|384000
AUDIO_OUTPUT_FLAG_DIRECT direct_pcm_24
has direct_pcm_24 formats=AUDIO_FORMAT_PCM_24_BIT_PACKED|AUDIO_FORMAT_PCM_8_24_BIT|AUDIO_FORMAT_PCM_32_BIT
FLAG_VARIANT_DIRECT_HD via direct_pcm_24
FLAG_NEEDS_DEEP_BUFFER android_sdk=29
USB can handle Hi-Res - sdk=29
>>>OK flags=0x854616600000000
FLAG_VARIANT_DIRECT_HD
FLAG_SUPPORTS_PCM_8_24
FLAG_SUPPORTS_PCM_24
FLAG_SUPPORTS_PCM_32
FLAG_SUPPORTS_UNITY_GAIN_STREAM
FLAG_SUPPORTS_USB
FLAG_NEEDS_EXTRA_SLEEPS
FLAG_SUPPORTS_LDAC