Tempo (Playback Speed) Not Sticking with EQ Presets // Per-Folder Sorting Config?

Hi all,

Redownloaded this gem after a long time. VLC was useless in terms of displaying audio title / sorting by date so Poweramp will be my main music player.

I just have 2 questions regarding my use case - I have a folder for regular music tracks and another for podcasts. Here's what I wanted to achieve -

Music folder - files under it will be sorted by the file name / title etc. They will be played at 1x speed.

Podcasts folder - files under it will be sorted by the added / modified time. They will be played at 2x speed.

I experimented but a. can't find a setting that makes sorting options stick for each folder and b. the EQ presets do not include tempo - once it's been changed it'd be applied globally.

Am I missing anything here? Thanks.

Sorting options are not saved per-folder, they are global for all folders.

You could use Albums View for your music, and folders view for your podcasts, which would allow different sort settings.

And as you say, tempo is not saved as part of an EQ Preset.

I'll move this to Feature Requests.

Andre

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

Sorting options are not saved per-folder, they are global for all folders.

You could use Albums View for your music, and folders view for your podcasts, which would allow different sort settings.

And as you say, tempo is not saved as part of an EQ Preset.

I'll move this to Feature Requests.

Andre

Ah, thanks for the reply! Yeah I'm also fine with a playback speed switch accessible from the "now playing" page instead of having to dig deeper every time.

1 hour ago, zasukurabu said:

Ah, thanks for the reply! Yeah I'm also fine with a playback speed switch accessible from the "now playing" page instead of having to dig deeper every time.

Please don’t clutter the Now Playing screen with additional niche feature switches.