Doubt about using Poweramp on Fiio M9

Necro96

Good evening, first of all, I apologize if I am using the forum incorrectly as I'm unsure if this subforum is the right place for this type of question. I would also like to apologize in advance for any mistakes I may make while writing in English, as it is not my native language.

Regarding my question, let me explain it below. Some time ago, I purchased a Poweramp license for Android through the Google Play Store, which I currently use daily on my device to listen to music.  However, a few days ago, I acquired a Fiio M9, and since it doesn't have the Android app store, I understand that I need to purchase another license, most likely through the website based on what I have read (please correct me if I'm wrong). Once I have the license, another question arises: applications on the Fiio are installed through APK files, and I would like to know if I would lose my license when reinstalling the APK with a new version to update the app. In other words, if I buy the license and use it in the app, am I required to stay on that version, or can I update the application by installing the new APK version without losing my license?

Thank you in advance for your help and understanding.

If you buy a Poweramp licence, it is valid for updates too. In fact even the earliest purchasers 13+ years ago can still use the current releases.

As you have guessed, without access to the Play Store you will not be able to use your currently purchased Google licence and will need to buy again from the official website here, and use APK installation files downloaded from the site too. Such a licence is only valid for one device at a time - so if you got a new FiiO device at some later stage, you'll still be able to use Poweramp on the new device but that would revoke use on the old one. This is completely independent of your Play Store licences status on other devices of course, which would not be affected and will continue to work on as many devices as before.

Andre

29 minutes ago, Necro96 said:

Good evening, first of all, I apologize if I am using the forum incorrectly as I'm unsure if this subforum is the right place for this type of question. I would also like to apologize in advance for any mistakes I may make while writing in English, as it is not my native language.

Regarding my question, let me explain it below. Some time ago, I purchased a Poweramp license for Android through the Google Play Store, which I currently use daily on my device to listen to music.  However, a few days ago, I acquired a Fiio M9, and since it doesn't have the Android app store, I understand that I need to purchase another license, most likely through the website based on what I have read (please correct me if I'm wrong). Once I have the license, another question arises: applications on the Fiio are installed through APK files, and I would like to know if I would lose my license when reinstalling the APK with a new version to update the app. In other words, if I buy the license and use it in the app, am I required to stay on that version, or can I update the application by installing the new APK version without losing my license?

Thank you in advance for your help and understanding.

First, you can install Google Play on that device if you choose. So if you do and log in with the same email account as you currently use with your other device, you can then install Poweramp and the unlocker without an extra fee.

if you decide not to install Google Play on the M9, you are free to install the website version of Poweramp. The unlocker would need to be purchased separately. It is not limited to any version, and can remain for any updates. However it only works on a single device.