How to play tracks at similar volume

graype

I'm a user of Poweramp Music Player but don't have much technical experience in audio. Could you please help me how to best adjust Poweramp's settings so that all my tracks all play at a similar volume?

Currently some play too quietly & I have to keep adjusting the volume.

They are mostly amateur tracks & recordings from various sources, so they may not contain the audio refinements or tags which professionally produced tracks have.

Also I'm not sure whether I can achieve this within the Poweramp Music Player app - or whether I also need to use the Poweramp Equaliser app to achieve it?

Many thanks.

@maxmp Thanks Max. Will the planned scanner be able to batch-update the physical audio files so the RG data is permanently available - and there for other apps too - like foobar2000 does? Or will it read files ad hoc (on the fly as playback starts perhaps?) and maybe also keep the results in the local database? I guess there will be an option to deal with clashes if RG data already exists in the file?

Andre

16 hours ago, andrewilley said:

You can do it in Poweramp with the ReplayGain system. Your customised tracks probably don't have the necessary embedded data, but it can be added easily as a batch task in foobar2000 (ideally on a computer).

Andre 

Many thanks for your help Andre. This sounds too technical for me - also I have literally thousands of these tracks.

Would it be simpler for me to achieve using Poweramp Equaliser? I read this post:

https://www.reddit.com/r/YoutubeMusic/comments/tl6neb/poweramp_eq_comes_with_a_fully_featured/

and it sounded like this was fairly simple to achieve in Poweramp Equaliser. I don't have much knowledge in this area but would like a fairly simple way to achieve it.

The PA-EQ Compressor adjusts the levels (and other stuff) on the fly during playback, and can be applied to other apps rather than just Poweramp's output. It does mess with the ongoing dynamics of the music, whereas ReplayGain just changes the volume for the whole track. But yes, sounds like it might suit you better, and doesn't require modifying the source files at all.

Andre

2 hours ago, andrewilley said:

The PA-EQ Compressor adjusts the levels (and other stuff) on the fly during playback, and can be applied to other apps rather than just Poweramp's output. It does mess with the ongoing dynamics of the music, whereas ReplayGain just changes the volume for the whole track. But yes, sounds like it might suit you better, and doesn't require modifying the source files at all.

Andre

Thanks very much. In PA-EQ which controls do I need? Do I need to just apply a floor and ceiling limit to the volume? Which ones are those please?

1- move your music to a pc

2- install foobar2000 (next,next,,,,finish)

3- drag and drop all music on to foobar2000 gui

4- select all (ctrl+A), rightclick, replay gain, per-track gain. after it finishes job (needed time depends on your file types and amount) all your music is tagged already.

5- move replaygain tag added music to your phone again.

6- don't forget to open ReplayGain settings in Poweramp, as in 2nd video

7- enjoy

On 7/4/2023 at 1:53 PM, Fatih ALPTEKİN said:

1- move your music to a pc

2- install foobar2000 (next,next,,,,finish)

3- drag and drop all music on to foobar2000 gui

4- select all (ctrl+A), rightclick, replay gain, per-track gain. after it finishes job (needed time depends on your file types and amount) all your music is tagged already.

5- move replaygain tag added music to your phone again.

6- don't forget to open ReplayGain settings in Poweramp, as in 2nd video

7- enjoy

Many thanks for your kind help.