Making the Widget screen and the UI - created with YAPS more compatible to look at?

I have got PA virtually as I want it, and am particular happy with the UI .But the widget screen below this seems not so attractive to me

Screenshot_20230701_003942_OneUIHome.thumb.jpg.24d17ba0f6f6520c8b554a77cd9b216f.jpgI was wondering whether there was a way to alter the shape/design/size just of the middle circular button alone?

I think I set its colour, which is fine, but whether there's a square option, but one that won't spoil anything else on the page, as I'm otherwise happy with what I see.

Screenshot_20230702_190313_Poweramp.thumb.jpg.41988470c6c4e96d48d93199607f04f4.jpg

• 1 year later...
Posted (edited)

Hi,

I see it's about a year since I addressed this issue on the forum, and I'd very much like some further help and advice, please.

With regards the 'body' of my Poweramp installation, using a third-party skin, I have got everything almost exactly to my liking, in terms of layout, functionality, and display!

My only gripe is what I can do to open the app on my Android S23.

Firstly, using the various widgets, and settling on the largest one, I can produce a reasonably 'front door' to the app itself - I understand that what came as part of the Third-Party skin, doesn't work on the widget screen

I suppose that, what I don't actually act want is a widget where the top half of the screen is the current Album Art for the latest/last track being  played, complete with track name, and artist details.

No, what I'm look for is something that refers to the Poweramp app itself. For example I use a simple icon to launch BBC UK Radio, and Aha Radio, both of which simply 'open the app up' to me.

I have a couple of ideas for which I'd appreciate some advice:

Currently this is where I am:

Widget Screen:

Screenshot_20240730_141132_OneUIHome.thumb.jpg.b8bb017a007394d2b25ebee83ad06487.jpg

Opens into:

Screenshot_20240730_141156_Poweramp.thumb.jpg.54a932d82802195b92af5a3d878a94cb.jpg

As, I think you can see, there is no real connection between the Widget Screen and the first page.

1. Is there any way that I could do without the Widget Screen so that Poweramp could be opened solely from the above?
  2. I could use the basic Poweramp single icon, but I feel this is not 'grand' enough to open what is a major feature, and probably the most essential part of my phone?

I don't know if it's possible to 'dress the single icon up' in some kind of more elaborate launcher(?), but I don't need it to show any specific details about what's being/been played, as this is redundant, I think.

I know I could add the single Poweramp icon to each page at the bottom, which the most-used icons, moving one away, if necessary.

If any one has any idea, I'd be delighted to hear back!

STOP PRESS: I forgot to ask one more question - apologies:

When I make any changes to Poweramp, and Export the Settings, I find that this DOESN@T seem to apply to the Widget Page, where as soon as you change a setting, it seems to stay changed!

Is this because I am also using a third-party skin app, and perhaps this, as mentioned earlier, has no control over the Widget Page. If needed, is there a facility to be able to save the Widget Screen separately? 

Edited by Wolksby
Forget to add an extra question

2 hours ago, Wolksby said:

I don't know if it's possible to 'dress the single icon up' in some kind of more elaborate launcher(?), but I don't need it to show any specific details about what's being/been played, as this is redundant, I think.

I know I could add the single Poweramp icon to each page at the bottom, which the most-used icons, moving one away, if necessary.

When I make any changes to Poweramp, and Export the Settings, I find that this DOESN@T seem to apply to the Widget Page, where as soon as you change a setting, it seems to stay changed!

As you say, Widgets are not skinned. Nor are they saved as part of the Export Settings function in the core app.

You can't "dress up" the icon, but you can change it - either within the app, or using a Launcher with more features than most of the manufacturer ones. I put PA into my permanent tray too, but using the regular icon.

You can create homescreen Shortcuts to Playlists, which may contain things like streaming radio stations, if you wish.

Andre

Hi Andre,

Thank you so much for your prompt response, and for explaining everything so clearly in actual sentences. 

I am a still a relative novice in all this, but am relieved to hear that some of the things I'd half thought were possible, aren't so, so I'm on the right track.

May I just clarify just one thing you said, though I think we're both on the same page!

I had thought of adding the basic Poweramp icon to the set of 5 icons which I have arranged to sit at the bottom of each home page - which you call your 'permanent' ones, and then open Poweramp from any homepage?.

Currently my 5 preferred permand icons are: Phone - Email - Messages - Calendar - Camera.

I know that the Camera is immediately accessible via other methods on my S23, so if I put the Poweramp icon in its place, it wouldn't be any hardship?

Thanks again, Andre, for your help - it always means a great deal to me!

Best wishes,

Philip

Hi, my latest question refers to what, I think, is called the 'Meta Tag Info', a rectangular button-like shape.

It is pre-populated with a number of texts, from the name of the Poweramp music file as a whole, whether the current track has been arrived at from the Album, Artist, Composer, or Genre list respectively, plus some Audio info.

As you can see, I am using a YAP skin, and here I think I am only able to adjust its height on the page.

Is there a way to extend its width slightly, and be able to adjust the alignment of the texts within, from right/left align, centre etc?

Is there even a way to  personalize the textures because some don't seem of much use!

In the screenshot below, if I were to stick with the name of my selection, the box can't quite get the last two letters in (PRB MUSIC SELECTI).

Of greater use is to be able to have it show the origin of the track being played - i.e. whether it was selected via a Composer, Artist, or Genre generated search

If you were able to let me know all the available options for this item, and where these are accessed, I'd be most grateful!

Many thanks in anticipation.

Screenshot_20240801_183223_Poweramp.jpg