bluetooth issues with car stereo

two years ago i had problems with my Galaxy S21+ connecting to my Pioneer aftermarket car stereo.  after lots of fooling around and tech support calls i ended up using an bluetooth adapter for awhile.   then almost a year later Pioneer issued a firmware updated the fixed the problem.   fast forward to April this year i get my new Galaxy 23 Ultra and now the problem came back.   it would connect play music for  a few seconds and then either wait 20 seconds to play again or it won't finish connecting.  or sometimes won't connect at all and i have to go in the bluetooth settings on my phone and reconnect or repair my device several times or turn the stereo off and back on.   it's a real pain when doing door dash when i'm in and out of the car a lot.   so i bought another exact bluetooth adapter since my stereo in the bedroom has the other one.   only now it plays music for 3 seconds then Poweramp shows it's still playing but i have to pause the music on the app or with the bluetooth button and then click the play button again to get the music back.  then i get in the car again and it does it again.   and again.   it just won't start playing and keep playing without my intervention.   what can i do to fix this?  don't have this problem with my bluetooth earbuds, headphones, or speakers.  

Edited by hypomaniac-eric

• 2 weeks later...

Connectivity between your device and the BT adapter is nothing that Poweramp can influence. All PA can do is send the audio to Android's specified current output device. The one thing inside PA you could check is Settings=>Headset/Bluetooth=>Last Processed Commands, and see if any spurious Play/Pause commands are being issued during the connection process.

Andre

16 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Connectivity between your device and the BT adapter is nothing that Poweramp can influence. All PA can do is send the audio to Android's specified current output device. The one thing inside PA you could check is Settings=>Headset/Bluetooth=>Last Processed Commands, and see if any spurious Play/Pause commands are being issued during the connection process.

Andre

I didn't get around to updating my post.  i found that even though i disconnected the stereo in Bluetooth i had to unpair it.  it was connecting to both devices.   so now i have my Bluetooth adapter working.   still waiting for a fix that who knows will ever come for my stereo.   If i had the money i would by a different stereo.   maybe a touchscreen one if my slot is tall enough.   I have an adapter to fit my single DIN stereo in.   Don't know what inexpensive touch screen android stereos are any good on amazon or at Walmart.   

Edited by hypomaniac-eric

Is your problem related to having two BT audio devices connected at the same time (an Android 13+ feature).

Also, I have had a few issues when my smartwatch is connected via BT (for control functions only) and I plug headphones in. PA sometimes reports that the audio is being processed by my previous BT audio device (my car's AA headunit, which is not in use at the time). Not sure if this one is fixed in 963 though, as it was a bit intermittent.

Andre