Notification panel functionality bug.Maybe.

okokletgo

First, I granted Poweramp all the necessary permissions.After placing the Poweramp application in the background on Android, the playback buttons in its notification panel become unresponsive. The app functions normally when in the foreground.This experience cannot be replicated in other players.

sysytem:MIUI12.0.618(Android11)

By default, the notification panel should not be shown if Poweramp is not playing (although there are options that allow that in PA Settings=>Look and Feel=>Notifications). Or are you saying that this issue occurs while Poweramp is playing, but in the background - i.e. when the player screen is not the currently displayed app on your device. In that case, the Notification pull-down should be available, and it should allow to you control basic playback functionality.

Andre

@andrewilleyThere's no doubt that his notification panel is displayed, but once Poweramp is not working in the foreground, the four functional buttons (previous, play/pause, next, close) on the notification panel are completely disabled, but the song's progress bar can still be dragged normally. If Poweramp works in the foreground again, all functions on the notification panel are responsive. I've tried most of the music players available, but none of them have this problem, which makes me very sad as someone who uses Poweramp as their main software. I believe that the interface for this type of functionality is unified, and Poweramp should not have this problem, but I can't solve it, and it's really bothering me as someone who has OCD.

If the swipe-down media notification panel is visible (if active, it's normally the top item when you slide the notifications into view) then those controls should be usable whether the player is currently the topped app or is playing music in the background. Try resetting the Notification mode to the default option for your device (PA Settings=>Look and Feel=>Notifications=>Restore Defaults).

Andre

@andrewilley,NO,the four functional buttons (previous, play/pause, next, close) on the notification panel are completely disabled.Sure, I can try recording a video for you to see.Moreover,I have granted it all the permissions, and tried different notification settings multiple times.The part about the screen recording can be seen in the attachment.Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions.

If resetting to notification defaults like I suggested (and/or rebooting the phone just in case) has not helped, it sounds like an issue with your device. Has anything else been updated recently? Seems strange that sliding the seekbar works, but the buttons don't, as clearly the notification itself is functioning (right artwork, etc).

Andre

@okokletgo Thanks for the detailed report, I’ll try to test latest MIUIs a bit. Please note:

- the notification area is not directly controlled by Poweramp, the notification implementation in framework pulls data from the players and represents it in the media area
- Poweramp can’t disable buttons there. The play-only state is standard media area state for “unloaded” player.
- the MIUI firmwares in the past had few bugs with the media notifications, some of those are sorted out in the recent firmware updates

@maxmp My friend has the latest MIUI ROM, which should not have any issues. In my case, it is most likely an exception, and probably due to a ROM problem. My device is a bit old, and I have no plans to flash a new ROM. This situation is frustrating, but it doesn't affect my user experience too much.Thank you for taking the time to help me, developer.

best wishes.