How do i keep folders displayed in my playlist tab

Hi.

Right now all my playlist are just one long list.

How do i make them displayed in their respective folders. 

They are in folders when i check my file explorer in android, but the app does not show them in the folder, just one long list.

Each playlist in the Playlists Category - for example an .M3U file - is just a long list of song filenames, which could be in any (or no) order. There are no folder, album, artist, etc distinctions within that list, it's just one song after another.

Andre

Yeah, but i want the folders that contain the .M3U files to show up in Poweramp

It's how i keep track of them

image.png.471e13177c47ddfd41a9d86446f1d94b.png

I want the folders to show up before the .m3u files.
This is what it looks like in file explorer, I need that reflected in the app. (the .m3u files are inside those folders.)

Open photo

It looks like this mess right now. Impossible to find anything without searching
I just need the folders to organize it all

No, there is no drill-down process or other structure in the Playlists Category. The idea is that you can store individual playlist files scattered anywhere around your storage, and they will all appear neatly together in one place.

Moved to Feature Requests section. I seem to recall an existing feature request a while ago for something similar - i.e. a way to create pseudo-folder groups inside the Playlists Category to help organise larger collections.

Andre

8 hours ago, Coolville said:

I want the folders to show up before the .m3u files.
It looks like this mess right now. Impossible to find anything without searching
I just need the folders to organize it all

Playlists are generally used to organize a personal group of files into a list of favourites, or some other common thread. If you already have the same songs tagged in such a way that Poweramp can organize them for you by AlbumArtist, Album, Genre, etc. that is the usual way for browsing for these standard groups. Playlists are already found in their own separate browsing list.

It seems you have an unusually long list of playlists, which PA can handle but maybe isn't ideal in your case. However what you can do, since you are already asking for a folder-based solution, is browse your playlist directory using an external file browser app, and from there select the playlist you want to hear, and run that in Poweramp when the option to choose an app pops up. While @maxmp may choose to add some kind of playlist folder support in a future update, this is a workable solution in the meantime.

1 hour ago, Coolville said:

Do you have multiple albums in one playlist?

I don't really have any playlists that just contain one or several albums at all. What would be the point, I can just play any album(s) from the Artists or Albums Categories.

My playlists mostly contain a more curated set of songs that fall into a particular category and which may all be from different albums - e.g. "80s Power Rock", "Rock Ballads", or "Ambient/Instrumental Moods". Other contain my favourite songs by a particular artist or one a specific theme - e.g. my thirty favourite ELO songs, or some personally chosen items from across multiple film/TV soundtrack albums (such as Harry Potter, Star Wars, or Doctor Who tracks).

Andre