Does Android Auto changing Poweramp settings?

PedjaCh

- Poweramp [956005-33f0b133]

- Phone: Poco X3 Pro

- MIUI version: MIUI Global 13.0.4

- Android version: 12 SKQ1.211006.001

Settings in Poweramp are OK, so when I listen something (thru my bluetooth headphones), sound continue to play when screen go off.

When I drive my KIA c'eed I connect my Poco X3 Pro with USB cable and everything works fine.

But after that (when I'm no longer in my car) Poweramp stops playing when screen goes off.
Then I must restart my phone to revert to previous state (sound continue to play when screen go off).

Is there a cure?.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/29/2023 at 7:38 PM, PedjaCh said:

- Poweramp [956005-33f0b133]

- Phone: Poco X3 Pro

- MIUI version: MIUI Global 13.0.4

- Android version: 12 SKQ1.211006.001

Settings in Poweramp are OK, so when I listen something (thru my bluetooth headphones), sound continue to play when screen go off.

When I drive my KIA c'eed I connect my Poco X3 Pro with USB cable and everything works fine.

But after that (when I'm no longer in my car) Poweramp stops playing when screen goes off.
Then I must restart my phone to revert to previous state (sound continue to play when screen go off).

Is there a cure?.

I have the exact same issues since yesterday or so. Really annoying.

I can however restart the audio via my Bluetooth headphones, but still, once I turn the screen on and off again, playback stops within a few seconds. No battery saving options activated for Poweramp. My podcast player (AntennaPod) also has no issues like that.

Asus ZenFone 9, Android 13

EDIT: Tested it with another bluetooth speaker, same result. When ich switch off the screen, Poweramp stops playback within seconds. Restarting it via the speaker works. Also, when the screen switches on due to a notification and turns itselfs off again, playback continues.

Edited by zeolite
more infos

• 3 weeks later...

No, not at all. And this really only occurs with Poweramp, no other audio app, every time the phone was connected to android auto beforehand. restarting the entir e phone solves the problem until the next time my phone connects to the car.

Turning Bluetooth off or so does not change a thing. The playback gets killed anyhow (it is removed from the lock screen, but app is still open after unlocking).

Had it deactivated for Poweramp already, just not for the unlocker, but it did not make a difference. After it was connected to my android auto unit today, playback stopped immediately after the screen turned off again.

Is there any log of that event I could record and send you to help out? I really like Poweramp (that is why I bought it) and it would be a pitty if I could not use it easily (without restarting the phone after every drive) anymore.