Bluetooth speaker issue, resume when connected

DerWahreHansWurst
Go to solution Solved by andrewilley,

I have an issue with Poweramp on my Mate 20 Pro. I hvae tested many true wireless in ear speakers so far, to find the one for me.

My choice, the JBL Live Pro 2, came up with a problem. They would not automatically conncet, when put out of the box.

Now, after testing many in ears, i had a similar problem with the Huawei Free Buds Pro. They would conncet the first time, but after that, everytime i open the box, an error sound appears repeatedly on the in ears.

In the exact same moment i turn off bt on the smartphone, the sound stops. So i guess, there is a problem with the auto connection.

When turning off the "autoplay when connected to bluetooth" option (dont know the english words for this function), the in ears will automatically connect to my smartphone. BUT the music won´t start.

I´d say it is a problem with this setting in Poweramp, but what can i do?

I just deleted cache and files of the BT and Poweramp App. I deleted all connected BT devices. I used the JBL and Huawei Apps, even updated the in ears. Also updated the Poweramp App...

Poweramp has nothing to do with phone and Bluetooth devices reconnect issue,

The fact that you have tested two devices, and they acted the same, I am suspecting the problem is with the phone. 

Although it is very rare, a phone Bluetooth can get weak, or die due to software or hardware problems. 

Why not try your earbuds with another phone to see if you will encounter same problem. 

If this issue is recent, try uninstalling any recently installed app that has Bluetooth permission.

Bencherished 

I have tested 6 different in ears in total, plus my car.

It only occurs on two of them, but only with the Poweramp Option turned on.

2 hours ago, Bencherished said:

Poweramp has nothing to do with phone and Bluetooth devices reconnect issue,

Are you sure about this? The error sound on the Huawei Freebuds Pro only occur, when the option is turned on.

In the exact moment i disable it, no more error sound.

Can it be, that these two devices distract each other on software site?

• Solution

Poweramp has no control over whether your BT devices auto-connect or not, that's down to Android and the devices in question.

PA can be activated once a connection has occurred though, and that's when the auto-resume options should kick in. Some devices additionally send start-up commands when they connect (car radios are especially notable for doing this) which you can check by looking at the log in PA Settings=>Headset/Bluetooth=>Last Processed Commands.

Andre

Ok i deleted all the apps, that could possibly have access to bluetooth, i cleared cache and data, restarted the phone, reconnected freebuds -> wont work

I noted the following: BT on phone is turned on, autoplay in PA is turned on. I open the case and hold the buds in my hand: PA will start the music, but plays it on the smartphone speaker.Only when i put the bud into my ear, PA will switch to bluetooth audio... weird, but seems to be a Huawei Free Bud problem. Then putting them back in the case.

I cleared last processed commands and did what i wrote above, here is the results:

==================
11:03:18.973 BTReceiver headset event
connection BT=true am mode=0 HUAWEI FreeBuds Pro
==================
11:03:18.973 BTReceiver RESUME
resume_on_bt delay=500
==================
11:03:19.503 PlayerService RESUME
from BTReceiver resumePlaying
==================
11:03:25.267 PlayerService onRoutingChanged
newDevice=bt oldDevice=speaker
==================
11:03:25.267 PlayerService reloadPipeline
allowPlaying=true forceResume=false state after reload=1
==================
11:03:28.394 HeadsetPlugReceiver headset event
disconnection BT=false am mode=0 no_keep_notif_on_dscn=false
==================
11:03:28.394 HeadsetPlugReceiver cmd_player_pause_playing
==================
11:03:28.516 PSMediaButtonReceiver android.intent.action.MEDIA_BUTTON
KEYCODE_MEDIA_PAUSE ACTION_DOWN name=Virtual source=0x0 sources=0x301 virt=true repeat=0 actionTime=1041424 sourcePak=com.android.bluetooth isAvrcp IGNORED isNotButtonPress=false enable_headset_controls=false
==================
11:03:28.569 PSMediaButtonReceiver android.intent.action.MEDIA_BUTTON
KEYCODE_MEDIA_PAUSE ACTION_UP name=Virtual source=0x0 sources=0x301 virt=true repeat=0 actionTime=1041476 sourcePak=com.android.bluetooth isAvrcp IGNORED isNotButtonPress=false enable_headset_controls=false
==================
11:03:32.365 BTReceiver headset event
disconnection BT=true am mode=0 HUAWEI FreeBuds Pro no_keep_notif_on_dscn=false
==================
11:03:32.528 PlayerService onRoutingChanged
newDevice=speaker oldDevice=bt
==================
11:03:32.528 PlayerService reloadPipeline
allowPlaying=false forceResume=false state after reload=2

I did the same procedure, but with the JBL Live Pro 2, see the results:

==================
11:08:41.892 BTReceiver headset event
connection BT=true am mode=0 JBL LIVE PRO 2 TWS
==================
11:08:41.892 BTReceiver RESUME
resume_on_bt delay=500
==================
11:08:42.464 PlayerService RESUME
from BTReceiver resumePlaying
==================
11:08:50.462 PSMediaButtonReceiver android.intent.action.MEDIA_BUTTON
KEYCODE_MEDIA_PAUSE ACTION_DOWN name=Virtual source=0x0 sources=0x301 virt=true repeat=0 actionTime=1363369 sourcePak=com.android.bluetooth isAvrcp IGNORED isNotButtonPress=false enable_headset_controls=false
==================
11:08:50.613 PSMediaButtonReceiver android.intent.action.MEDIA_BUTTON
KEYCODE_MEDIA_PAUSE ACTION_UP name=Virtual source=0x0 sources=0x301 virt=true repeat=0 actionTime=1363520 sourcePak=com.android.bluetooth isAvrcp IGNORED isNotButtonPress=false enable_headset_controls=false
==================
11:08:54.273 BTReceiver headset event
disconnection BT=true am mode=0 JBL LIVE PRO 2 TWS no_keep_notif_on_dscn=false
==================
11:08:54.273 BTReceiver cmd_player_pause_playing
==================
11:08:54.306 HeadsetPlugReceiver headset event
disconnection BT=false am mode=0 no_keep_notif_on_dscn=false
==================
11:08:58.440 PlayerService onRoutingChanged
newDevice=speaker oldDevice=bt
==================
11:08:58.440 PlayerService reloadPipeline
allowPlaying=false forceResume=false state after reload=2

There is this weird thing, that when i used for e.g. the JBL, then use my car and after that want to use the JBL again, their wont autoconnect/resume properly.

I will make the following: reset and clear all the stuff, connect my JBL and use them 1-3 times. After that i will connect to my car and get some groceries.

And then i will check, if the JBL still work and also post the PA comments here.

Perhaps the BT device has been designed to prevent playback occurring when you are not wearing the buds? My Parrot Zik BT headphones have a feature like that which auto-pauses playback when you remove them from your head. It's configurable via their app though, is there any way to check for (and possibly adjust) that functionality on your earbuds?

I guess disconnecting one device and then connecting to a different BT device can cause confusion as to status. 

Andre

I am 100% sure that all the 6 tested in ears had this auto-pause feature and it worked properly. Freebuds Pro have the feature too.

Deactivating the autopause in the AI App, fixes the speaker problem. But now the sound on the in ears, sounds like crap.

(also it is a must have feature for me)

I also tried all the tips from these to threads, without success:

After using the car BT, JBL wont autoconnect again...

I will keep JBL still, they fit the best for me. Seems to be a problem with the smartphone BT depending on the used device.

Poweramp seems to make it even worse, even though its not PA´s fault.

Any ideas though, even if its not a Poweramp related problem?

Edited by DerWahreHansWurst