Songs are duplicated upon rescan; nothing I do fixes it

I have cleared the cache, I have verified that there is only one copy of the album and thus songs, I have rescanned, I have searched the web for everything I can find.

None of it fixes the problem.  When I scan the Music folder on my SD Card I end up with duplicate entries in many folders.  In at least one case I see that one set shows up with the album art and a proper report of the file type, bitrate and bit depth whereas the second set only shows the time and file format with no album art.

Needless to say, this is outrageously annoying.  How do I fix it?  How do I prevent it from duplicating entries in some folders when there is only one such folder on the card?

Long-press on one of the problem files and check the path/filename info in Info/Tags. Does that file really exist, or is it a 'phantom' path from a previous SD Card for example.

Also check PA Settings=>Library=>Music Folders and ensure only one instance of your music folder is ticked.

If that does not solve the problem, might be worth unticking everything in Music Folders, letting PA scan (so zero file) and then re-enable the correct music path and scan it all in from scratch.

Andre

2 hours ago, Jim Gutterman said:

I have cleared the cache, I have verified that there is only one copy of the album and thus songs, I have rescanned, I have searched the web for everything I can find.

None of it fixes the problem.  When I scan the Music folder on my SD Card I end up with duplicate entries in many folders.  In at least one case I see that one set shows up with the album art and a proper report of the file type, bitrate and bit depth whereas the second set only shows the time and file format with no album art.

Needless to say, this is outrageously annoying.  How do I fix it?  How do I prevent it from duplicating entries in some folders when there is only one such folder on the card?

Was this during a “Full Rescan” (it is a few options down in the library settings)? This removes the entire precious library and scans all as new.