• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I want to chime in too. I've been using the Poweramp player for Android and love it. I love how you have easy access to the EQ's and more advanced controls. In windows media player it is a chore to even open up the EQ, let alone manage presets and the like.

I would definitely pay money for a windows or linux version of Poweramp!

• 3 months later...

This is the Best music playing app out. Period. I have to use another program to sync the music and play it through Poweramp, and if they were to get a desktop player to do the syncing, this would make them top 5 apps for android period. Not just as a music player but just top 5 of all android apps

Honestly, while I love Poweramp on Android, I think development should focus on that platform, where there are less options for high-quality players. I would be hard-pressed to switch from MusicBee, and I'm sure others will prefer Foobar, MediaMonkey, Clementine, Winamp, WMP or even Songbird. Be comfortable as a leader in your niche and continue to improve your product.

• 7 years later...

As far as I know there will never be a desktop app for PA. A very nice product is Logitech Media server and client. It runs on just about anything other than Android and the cost is FREE. It can be controlled either through a web browser or apps that are available on both Android and iOS. The web interface has a couple of skins of which the material skin is very similar to PA. It's what I use at home on my main stereo system. I've written about this before;

• 2 weeks later...

Archived