Unknown artist - show folders

sorosch

Hello,

first of all:

Poweramp is really not bad:)

I have my mp3 songs in folders sorted by albums on my Android.

But some folders or "all songs from one folder" are in "unknown artist" - if the tags e.g. are not set. And when there are more folders in "unknown artist" all mp3s are one below the other. But e.g. in Winamp the "unknown artist"-folder is now "sorted by folder". The mp3s are shown in the folder named like on the sd. So i can choose the folder and in this folder are only the mp3 from one folder.

I hope you understand what i mean? Is this also possible in Poweramp? Why not? Or how can i do this?

Best regards

George

Thanks for the feedback and request. As I understand, you suggest adding Folder as additional criteria either as category or for sorting. PowerAMP actually has pretty powerful Folder playing navigation (note that you can enable Hierarchy view via menu => List Opts while in Folders). Also I think it's possible to add additional sort type - by Folder.

Thanks!

Hello,

thank you very much for your help.

I'm in 'Library' -> "Artist" -> "Unknown artists"

So all songs are shown among each others - although the mp3s are organized in folders on the SD-Card.

So i have e.g. 87 mp3-songs among each others.

In e.g. winamp these mp3s are shown in the folders - named like the foldernames on sd-card.

So this "Unknown artists" folder is clearly represented.

Is this possible?

I don´t understand what you mean with:

Also I think it's possible to add additional sort type - by Folder.

Best regards

George

Thank you very much,

I'm in Poweramp in 'Library' -> "Artist" -> "Unknown artists"

This is how it looks like:

http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/4531/Poweramp.png

I'm in winamp in 'Interpreten' --> 'Unbekannter Interpret'

This is how it looks like:

http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/8396/winampv.jpg

First:

'Unbekannter Interpret' is in WInamp on top of all other artists --> so this "spezial" folder is always on the "same place" - always on top --> i think this is a very nice behaviour

Now to the folder itself:

Normally my mp3s are tagged very well. But some mp3s aren´t tagged very well.

So these mp3s are shown in Poweramp in "Unknown artists". In WInamp i have the posibility to know what mp3 this is, because the folder-structure is shown in this folder. In Poweramp all mp3s are shown among each other. This is not a very nice behaviour - because the rest of Poweramp is very good.

Anyway - like said - Poweramp is a very good player. But perhabs you can implement this in a next version?

Many thanks

Best regards

George

As I said, if you are using folders and filenames to catalogue your music (and especially if your ID3 tags are often wrong) why not just use Folders mode? That's what it's for, and I use it all the time that way, it works perfectly. You can even sort the top 'folders' level by folder name and the 'files' level using ID3 tags, such as Track Number, if you want.

Andre

Archived