Can't Play Just One Album Under Artist

HF Boroni
Go to solution Solved by andrewilley,

If I go to an Artist and pick one of his/her/their albums, I see all the songs on that one album. So I press the Play button. However, Poweramp does not stop after that one album. It continues to play the next album's songs, and the next. I just want to hear ONE album. What's up? 

24 minutes ago, HF Boroni said:

If I go to an Artist and pick one of his/her/their albums, I see all the songs on that one album. So I press the Play button. However, Poweramp does not stop after that one album. It continues to play the next album's songs, and the next. I just want to hear ONE album. What's up? 

Check your repeat options. Sounds like you have “Advance Categories” selected. Change it to off.

• Solution

The Play icon at the top of Album (or other) lists won't switch modes if the Repeat button is already set to 'Repeat Off' or 'Repeat Category'. Those modes will remain active when the album starts playing, which will result in just one album being heard (or repeated).

However if one of the single-song modes is currently active ('Single Song' or 'Repeat Song') then it needs to switch to a mode which will let you listen to all the songs in the album, and 'Advance Category' is PA's default operating mode. 

As some of the terms in the Repeat icon are perhaps not immediately obvious to new users (such as 'Advance Category', which basically just means Play All Categories) please see the more detailed explanation in:

Andre

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, thanks for the responses! That did the trick. And it explains the term "categories" too. (I assume when you click the 4 dots in the lower left and choose "All Songs" vs "Artists" etc, you've established the category for that session of playback.) I appreciate the help!

On 3/25/2022 at 4:43 AM, andrewilley said:

The Play icon at the top of Album (or other) lists won't switch modes if the Repeat button is already set to 'Repeat Off' or 'Repeat Category'. Those modes will remain active when the album starts playing, which will result in just one album being heard (or repeated).

However if one of the single-song modes is currently active ('Single Song' or 'Repeat Song') then it needs to switch to a mode which will let you listen to all the songs in the album, and 'Advance Category' is PA's default operating mode. 

As some of the terms in the Repeat icon are perhaps not immediately obvious to new users (such as 'Advance Category', which basically just means Play All Categories) please see the more detailed explanation in:

Andre

I've been SEARCHING for this solution for YEARS, Literally!! Thanks!!!