Poweramp is not letting me use music from my phone

Gucci A12

Hello I have been using Poweramp for over 3 years or more and for some reason on this new phone that I have it would not let me pull music from my folder on my phone I think that I might have the old version Poweramp unlocker because every time that I try to download a song from Google it would not automatically go to Poweramp

If target song never appears:
- ensure the target music folder is actually selected in Poweramp settings / Library / Music Folders
- also try Full Rescan there

If you mean it appears with the delay:
- you can try to use Settings / Library / Scanner / Rescan Immediately option

Thanks!

29 minutes ago, Gucci A12 said:

every time that I try to download a song from Google it would not automatically go to Poweramp

Poweramp does not have anything to do with downloading songs from Google. Whatever method you are using to download will be placing the resulting MP3 (or whatever) file into some storage folder on your device. Make sure that that folder is included (using grant access and then tick) in your Music Folders list in PA.

Android 12 is not keen on apps using system default folders such as 'Download' on internal storage, and while it might work for now I would suggest you keep your music long-term in a more specific folder hierarchy.

Andre

Thank you for the quick response when I hit select folder from Poweramp this it brings me to my folder if you will see some when he gets to the fold as some of the songs are lit up bright and other one a covered where is that I can't select it it tells me that privacy it's on I can't find that in the settings how to take off privacy it's not letting me take music from the folder when I hit select folder through Poweramp it's not letting me add any songs in my library from Poweramp

Screenshot_20220228-180624_Files.jpg

That's not a PA Music Folder selection screen, the Settings > Library > Music Folders directory tree should only show a list of folder names, not files, with tickboxes by the side.

That is most likely a view of the Grant Access feature, which allows to you assign permission for a particular storage location to be accessed by PA. This must be done first before then choosing the folder name in PA's list.

Ideally the internal 'Download' folder should not be used in that way - some Android versions won't even allow it in fact. Create a more suitable single folder for your music collection and keep it in there rather than in system folders.

Andre