Disable Absolute Volume

John Doe

I already have Poweramp and I've just purchased the equalizer to use with Gonemad Media Player. Normally I use wired headphones at work, and in my car I plug into the headphone jack. This morning I used Bluetooth with my Sennheiser HD1 over the ear headphones. I opened the equalizer and there's an alert about "No DVC for Bluetooth Absolute Volume". Clicking on it brings me to the setting, where it's already enabled. There's a warning about disabling the absolute volume and clicking on it brought me to the setting, which is already disabled (see screenshots). What gives? Any ideas? If it helps at all, I've got an LG V60 ThinQ 5G running Android 11.

01.png

02.png

03.png

Looks like the 'Disable Absolute Volume' feature in Developer Options is already active, but PA is not detecting that. I would suggest in PA EQ Settings, disable the feature labelled "No DVC for Absolute volume". That should allow DVC to work even if PA can't detect the status of that developer setting.

Note: Don't use DVC in the EQ app and in the main Poweramp app at the same time.

Andre

20 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Looks like the 'Disable Absolute Volume' feature in Developer Options is already active, but PA is not detecting that. I would suggest in PA EQ Settings, disable the feature labelled "No DVC for Absolute volume". That should allow DVC to work even if PA can't detect the status of that developer setting.

I gave this a try and the warning went away. Thanks. The overall volume did increase a bit though. As long as I can control the volume via the phone and not the headphones, I don't mind. The volume switch on the headphones acts a bit wonky sometimes, so I don't like to touch it any more than I have too.

Also, I don't use Poweramp very much. I prefer the interface of GMMP, but the equalizer for PA is better. That's why I bought the equalizer.

Edited by John Doe

22 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Note: Don't use DVC in the EQ app and in the main Poweramp app at the same time.

In the event that I do use PA, will the equalizer in the app and the standalone equalizer conflict with each other? Does the app override the standalone? The standalone is always running in the back ground for when I use GMMP.

If you use both, you should disable one or the other's equalization features. And if you use DVC within the equalizer app and use it to control PA's output, you should turn DVC off in the main PA app.

If you want to use the existing EQ controls in PA itself, just remove PA from the list of known apps in the stand-alone equalizer.

Andre