Eq and tone on or off

Mark Lee

Hi. Is there any difference in having the eq set flat or having it turned off, just wanted to check as I have the eq flat and tone at zero with Bluetooth so wondered if there was a difference on or off. Think I know the answer but we'll see how it goes.

1 hour ago, Mark Lee said:

Hi. Is there any difference in having the eq set flat or having it turned off, just wanted to check as I have the eq flat and tone at zero with Bluetooth so wondered if there was a difference on or off. Think I know the answer but we'll see how it goes.

Theoretically should not make a difference. But leaving them turned off if you don’t use them can’t hurt. I think the reason to have the on/off is to be able to quickly tell the difference when they are set to something other than flat.

As I don't really use the tablet to play music, ie through the speakers, I think I'm going to turn all the effects off, no eq, tone or limit and hopefully it should keep it basic as possible, all I need the tablet to do is Bluetooth my music library to the hifi with no effects, the tablet acting as a music library only, I might waffle but hey ho that's me.

Sorry to be stupid here but bare with me, I think my age plays a part, but just want to check this is the right way to do it.

Have gone into output, selected opensl and then clicked setting, have turned on the no eq and tone switch to disable them both, as all I want it to do is Bluetooth digital library to hifi with no effects so there's less stuff involved and then in the speaker setting left the no eq or tone switched off so I still get them to show.

Thanks for your time.

Does it sound right? That's all and not confused the matter.

Just want music library, select album, play it with nothing in the way just want it bluetoothed over to hifi nice and flat, this is really the only way I use the app now as a library.

Edited by Mark Lee