Chromecast not working

Steve Loh

I am unable to Chromecast my music to play on my Bose Portable Smart Speaker (with firmware updated to 10.0.18) via the Poweramp Build 925 Full Version 64 bit app on my OnePlus 5T running Android 10. I am able to stream music from my Spotify account via Chromecast to this Bose Portable Smart Speaker, but I am unable to play any of my own music collection via Chromecast (the icon is grayed out in the Poweramp menu). Can you please advise me as to how I can get Poweramp to work via Chromecast? Thanks.

Do any other applications stream local audio files from your phone as uncompressed bitstream data to your Bose? That's not the same as something like Spotify, which simply hands the process off to the external speaker to communicate directly with an online audio source.

Unlike other issues with the quality of a stream, if the CC icon or menu options is not shown in PA at all (assuming you have enabled it in Settings) then that would normally mean Android is not allowing PA to access that device.

Andre

51 minutes ago, Steve Loh said:

I am unable to Chromecast my music to play on my Bose Portable Smart Speaker (with firmware updated to 10.0.18) via the Poweramp Build 925 Full Version 64 bit app on my OnePlus 5T running Android 10. I am able to stream music from my Spotify account via Chromecast to this Bose Portable Smart Speaker, but I am unable to play any of my own music collection via Chromecast (the icon is grayed out in the Poweramp menu). Can you please advise me as to how I can get Poweramp to work via Chromecast? Thanks.

Make sure both devices are connected to the same local network as well.